Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

CajunLoneWolf 07-11-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 591603)
DUDE!!! I DID!! (Just responded!) Trying to get some work done....got to make money to pay for that golf cart!!!

lmao ok ok you have to work we understand lmao **** I hate that they don't fit oh well back to square one.....
Wooohooo the club is over 400 posts lmao

thecurti 07-11-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 591606)
ARE YOU SERIOUS? WED MORNING? Its supposed to start raining Tuesday night and not stop until Wed afternoon!!! That's terrible timing!! Oh well. Maybe he just won't mix as much water in, and nature will help him get it right!

I know I know. All in his hands. If the job is messed up because of rain, it's on his bill.
He's at a baseball tournament with his son today, was rained out friday.
I think its awesome that he is spending time with his son but................what about me:roll:

CajunLoneWolf 07-11-2011 07:12 PM

Hey does $50.00 sound fair for a full set of steelies and tires. They are pretty much new. Thinking I'll paint em black and use em for the golf course lol

stuff4mason 07-12-2011 06:53 AM

Yea, that doesn't sound too bad. Do you really play golf?

CajunLoneWolf 07-12-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 592041)
Yea, that doesn't sound too bad. Do you really play golf?

play is the optimal word but it can be replaced with hack:lhmo:
I haven't played in a couple of months I used to shoot consistently in the lower 80's now I would be scared to know what I shoot :shock:
But the cart will see more use on the campground then it will the fairway which is why I'm getting two sets of tires:thumbup:

Mike Mac 07-12-2011 07:58 AM

If the tires look that good, yes, go for it. How is the body coming? And how's the duel suspension doin? I think that is gonna be your next dilemma. You may need 2 sets of 10" wheels (one with fairway tires and one with aggressive tires), and use a 4" lift. All though, I think you will always wish you'd done the 6".

I think the air shock deal is gonna be wishiwashi (much body roll) off road. Or stiff, and not articulate. But never had a set or even looked at one. I don't know, alot ta think about!

Jim, If you ever played probably even once, you'd love it. Really enjoyed it, just no time these days!! But I prefer to walk the course not drive.

thecurti 07-12-2011 08:05 AM

I feel sorry for those who play to play golf , hit it down the fairway, chip on and put in...then on to the next hole.
See when I play,I play military golf left right left right:lhmo:
so I get to see the fairway, the sand traps,woods ,bushes on both sides of the fairway. I use the whole property, not just the fairway:laughing6:

Mike Mac 07-12-2011 08:12 AM

Well no wonder your cars so muddy!! Sand too huh? At least its a sight seeing trip for you as well!!:lhmo: Kinda like a vacation!!:lhmo::lhmo::thumbup:

Curti, You got me laughin out loud!!!

thecurti 07-12-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 592083)
Well no wonder your cars so muddy!! Sand too huh? At least its a sight seeing trip for you as well!!:lhmo: Kinda like a vacation!!:lhmo::lhmo::thumbup:

I only hit the sand traps if they put them in my way
Have not played golf in a good while now, I was trying to cut back on my cursing and drinking:lhmo:

CajunLoneWolf 07-12-2011 08:36 AM

Lmao seems like Curt and I play the same kind of golf. I call it getting my moneys worth with as many swings as possible :lhmo:
As far as the air shocks go mike we won't know until I try so imma give it a shot. As of now I'm still working on the maintenance parts. King pins first then tie rod ends then shocks:thumbup:

thecurti 07-12-2011 08:51 AM

Wife booked our vacation at Hilton head, end of this month, at a tennis and golf resort:shock: Neither of do we play. I know she just found a deal and will lay on the beach, the whole time. My 13 yr old stepson is going with us, so I told him I will take him to play golf one day.
Sure hope they didn't put any of those big fancy houses near the fairway, esp. on the right side:wink:

Cajun, I hate to say I agree with Mike:lhmo: but I do (just kidding mike)
I would tend to think that you would get too much top sway when the airshocks are pumped up. Now a regular shock and airbags, would prob work?
Just keep us posted, so we can disagree with ya:lhmo:

CajunLoneWolf 07-12-2011 09:28 AM

We keep forgetting Justin has already installed some. I wonder how his handles

thecurti 07-12-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 592135)
We keep forgetting Justin has already installed some. I wonder how his handles

:toot: Paging Justin to the club Forum, Justin to the club forum please:lol:

CajunLoneWolf 07-12-2011 02:36 PM

Justin is one hard guy to get a hold of. There are quite a few carts on here that are using airshocks though and they seem happy with the results. I will be doing coil over airshocks so I should have a little more stability than just regular airshocks. You neverknow I might like em enough to convince the both of you lol

stuff4mason 07-12-2011 06:41 PM

Hilton head eh? We just stayed there on the way back from Florida, about a month ago. Just a fair warning - its VERY difficult to find anything there! We drove right past our hotel twice - like 20 miles in the wrong direction!!

You ought to stop by the boat shop on the main highway in (right side - which you CAN see!!) - they have some SWEET rides in there!

Mike - my golfing is the same as these guys - military style! My son makes fun of me the whole time, going - so, dad, when you going to hit another car, like last time? Like I said , they almost kicked me and my son out of the course, just two weeks ago! If we weren't on the 17th hole, they probably would have!!!!! Oh well, its a dang game. If you can't have fun, then, don't play!!

thecurti 07-13-2011 08:59 AM

[
You ought to stop by the boat shop on the main highway in (right side - which you CAN see!!) - they have some SWEET rides in there!

I'm sure we will, since the wife will just want to lay on the beach, Daniel (13yr old) and i will go exploring for trouble LOL

If "they" dont want it hit, don't put it close to the fairway! by close I mean within a 100 yds:lhmo:

drsimon3388 07-13-2011 01:24 PM

Hey guys. New to the forum. I have a 93 G8 that I'm getting ready to modify(6" lift, 22" tires, flip rear seat, etc). The one thing that I haven't been able to find is a front bumper for some head lights. Any ideas? I've found a couple that look they can be modified to fit but I'd like to be able to just bolt on if possible(no bender, torch, or welder). Thanks for the help, y'alls carts look good. Here are a few links of brush guards that look like they might work.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...am-g2-g21/7256

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...a-g14-g21/6277

thecurti 07-13-2011 02:26 PM

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Post us a pic of your cart.

Call Jakes directly and ask them if either of those will fit. I believe they will. I can make you one like mine, but it's not as high quality as those. As far as lights, you can almost make anything work
Here's mine
[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...DSC00663-2.jpg[/IMG]
Curtis

drsimon3388 07-13-2011 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I spoke with the people at Jake's. They didn't want to say whether it will fit or not because they haven't tried to fit it. I know the mounting location will work (A-Arm mounting bolts). I went ahead and ordered it. The worst that will happen is I have to modify it or return. No big deal.

thecurti 07-13-2011 04:52 PM

Dont worry I consider the G8 "the Frankenstein" of carts anyway:thumbup:
because most stuff is not exactly listed for it but can work

stuff4mason 07-13-2011 06:17 PM

Welcome to the club DRS! Hey, I like the wood bumper! Keep it man! Just paint it black, and no one will know the difference! I have a buddy with a 78 Jimmy with a wood bumper. It worked great until we ran it into a tree one night. Quick trip to Lowes, and the bumper was replaced for $7.95.

stuff4mason 07-13-2011 06:18 PM

You can always do what I did - just buy a steel square tube, drill a couple of holes and mount it!

drsimon3388 07-13-2011 08:15 PM

Thanks for the ideas guys. I never thought about painting the wood one black. That would be a good cheap alternative. I might just have to do that if the one i bought today doesn't work. I just made a big parts order today. I'll post some pics after I get them bolted up.

Mike Mac 07-13-2011 11:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Just got a new phone, HTC shift! Here are some pictures taken with it! Over the weekend I made these skid plates that it used to have on it to protect the battery and gas tank.

Dr. S, I have a G8 with a G16 body on it. I have a jakes safari bar for a G16 on it, so you can see how it might fit!

CajunLoneWolf 07-14-2011 04:51 AM

Welcome to the club drs !!!!!!!! That's one tough looking cart you have. I kinda agree that the wood bumper is cool looking it matches the camo:thumbup:
Although the jakes bumper will look cool too.
Mike that phone takes good picks. I like the way those skid plates came out too
Well I was going to install my king pins this weekend but we have company over from new Mexico for the weekend so Nola trip planned. Will have to tackle it when I get back.

stuff4mason 07-14-2011 07:16 AM

Mike, Those HTC phones are the bomb! They are just little computers. My wife's had one for a few months now. I still like my little android phone. I can't belive we are actually seeing you do something to your G8! You haven't touched it since I've joined the forum, except maintenance, maintenance, maintenace!!!!

Brandon, having company is just extra set of hands man. Don't leave that poor G8 sitt'n, just cause other people are there! They do have hands, right? Put them to work!!

CajunLoneWolf 07-14-2011 10:06 AM

Lmao Jim ya well the problem is its one visitor and SHE doesn't seem like the wrench turning type lol of course they are out doing girley things today so maybe I can get em in while they are playing in town lol

stuff4mason 07-14-2011 11:33 AM

There ya go cajun! Get to work!

CajunLoneWolf 07-14-2011 11:52 AM

That's the problem I am at work lol

Mike Mac 07-14-2011 01:46 PM

Go home sick, your car running, is more important than working!!! Anybody knows that!:lhmo:

thecurti 07-14-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 593411)
Go home sick, your car running, is more important than working!!! Anybody knows that!:lhmo:

And its true, We all know that carts are a sickness:help:

CajunLoneWolf 07-14-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 593411)

lol so true and yes Curt its a bad sickness lmao

Mike Mac 07-14-2011 03:59 PM

Cough, cough!!!:oops::thumbup:

Tell um you ate to much Ice Cream!!

stuff4mason 07-14-2011 09:42 PM

Cajun, you look sick to me bro!

I get to go see my baby tomarow!!! Any bets if she'll be pizzed off at me, and not start? Bet there will be spiders all over it!

Mike Mac 07-14-2011 10:43 PM

It'll be pizzed, but it WILL start! It's a Yamaha!!:thumbup:

thecurti 07-15-2011 07:18 AM

Garage floor got poured yesterday:wav:
I am ordering the truss' and framing lumber today
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...i/CONCRETE.jpg

Mike Mac 07-15-2011 07:41 AM

All right!!:thumbup: Good deal!:thumbup: About time!:thumbup:

Red golf cart has a place ta park now!!:thumbup:

A... Now we want pictures!

Man thats NICE! looks like it drains well! Keep it wet for a couple days!

thecurti 07-15-2011 08:36 AM

2 inch fall from back to front and a trench drain across the front. Floor guy will be back tomorrow to finish the drain and he said to seal it after he's done tomorrow. He's giving me a gallon of seal and the sprayer he uses. Just got to pick up 2 more gallons.
He also going to score the floor to control any cracking.
Will also get a 4x4 pad by the man door and a 2 ft apron in front of the 16ft. garage door opening.

stuff4mason 07-15-2011 08:53 AM

Did you need to get a permit?

thecurti 07-15-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 593772)
Did you need to get a permit?

Yes! and had to have the footings and foundation inspected before pouring