Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Columbia ParCar (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   92 hyundai (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118064)

Chuck15209 05-09-2016 09:16 PM

92 hyundai

Hi fellow cart owners
I have a 92 hyundai gas cart, owned it for about six years,up until lately ran like a clock. Now it only runs at idle speed,will not rev up , I replaced the flywheel pick up, no change--- spark is not in time ,,,using an inline spark detector it flashes way too many times, some strong some weak, so i kinda ruled out the coil, getting fuel, getting air, do not know what else to check,any ideas
Thanks
Chuck15209

backyard 05-09-2016 09:42 PM

Re: 92 hyundai

Not real familiar with those. What kind of engine is in it? Brand, 2stroke, 4stroke? Sounds like a 4 stroke.

Chuck15209 05-09-2016 09:59 PM

It has a suzuki ,4 stroke

Chuck15209 05-09-2016 10:05 PM

Let me add suzuki V270G , four stroke.

Chuck15209 05-09-2016 10:12 PM

On this same thread, the only thing i can think of ,,is possibly the magnet on the flywheel is either missing ( fell off) or went bad?? I just bought a flywheel ,was going to install it ,think it is a viable option,I am retired now however was a autobody repairman all my career never gotinto small engine repair but was around mechanical repairs enough to have a good general understanding

backyard 05-10-2016 07:17 PM

Never seen the magnet fly off or wear out. Stick a screwdriver to it. If it sticks then it is good. You will just have to pull the cover and inspect it. Rust doesn't really affect it much but I usually finely sand the rust off the flywheel, especially the magnets.

You may have some wierd motor design and I'm speaking from a Briggs and Stratton standpoint, but the spark has to be in time. There is nothing to adjust. All you do is adjust the coil away from the flywheel with a business card and tighten the coil(s) down.

The only way it could be out of time is if you seared the flywheel key. You would have to pull the flywheel off to check the key. You will need some PB blaster, a puller, air wrench and a hammer. Spray the splines with PB blaster, tighten puller and hit the flywheel moderately around it with the hammer and repeat.

Something else you should check is take your fingers and manually pull the throttle linkage coming off the carb to the governor. I don't mean the part where the throttle cable meets the governor. That will work the throttle and bypass the governor to see if you have a governor problem.

Chuck15209 05-10-2016 10:17 PM

Thanks i'll try that