Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   help! engine keeps running after let off gas (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=30521)

sinjin 03-17-2010 04:14 PM

help! engine keeps running after let off gas

Hi newbie here. I have a 1994 medalist gas that I am having a issue with. When i let of the gas pedal it wants to keep running and driving. pumping the gas pedal a couple times usually gets it to shut off. What do I need to check/adjust/replace to resolve this, almost put it through the front of the garage yesterday. At least I know the brakes work well :wink:

scottyb 03-17-2010 04:19 PM

Re: help! engine keeps running after let off gas

That is a bad solenoid....It is sticking ....change it out :thumbup:

coondog 03-17-2010 06:21 PM

I had the same problem and all I had to was adjust my throttle cable. I adjusted it to when I let off the pedal it closed the carb butterfly and the solved the problem....

custom carts 03-17-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 379880)
That is a bad solenoid....It is sticking ....change it out :thumbup:

SCOTTY B IS RIGHT ITS YOUR SOLENOID:thumbup::thumbup:

chardonite 03-18-2010 08:37 AM

I had the exact same problem and it was just a linkage adjustment.:-P:-P

scottyb 03-18-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coondog (Post 379957)
I had the same problem and all I had to was adjust my throttle cable. I adjusted it to when I let off the pedal it closed the carb butterfly and the solved the problem....

Yes you are right, first adjust the throttle properly..... we assume you have done that????? The carts just starts not turning off and dieseling one day... then it is the solenoid ... I may have misunderstood the problem :thumbup:

sinjin 03-18-2010 08:59 AM

thanks for the replies. The problem is intermittent, does it sometimes and other times it doesn't. I will check the throttle but it appears that when the gas pedal is let off the cable has slack and the carb linkage returns all the way. I am leaning towards it being the solenoid sometimes sticking and other times not.

scottyb 03-18-2010 09:04 AM

If it is a solenoid the cart will just run-on or diesel... not power through like a stuck throttle, as somebody said.... If it keeps running with power then it may be a throttle problem which can be dangerous compared to the nuisance of dieseling ........