Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Removing Drive Clutch (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4308)

whitetail436 04-10-2008 01:33 PM

Removing Drive Clutch

in order to remove the drive clutch do you only need to remove the one bolt in the center and then use a puller or is there anything else to be removed first? for example does the starter belt have to be removed before removal of the clutch? thanks

4x4 CC 04-10-2008 06:04 PM

Re: Removing Drive Clutch

All belts need to be taken off.

whitetail436 04-12-2008 07:03 AM

when i try to remove the clutch it gets exceedingly difficult to turn the bolt and hold the clutch at the same time any ideas? should it be that hard to turn?

scottyb 04-12-2008 07:11 AM

LEFT HAND THREADS !!!
Bolt holding the drive clutch on is lefthand thread...Changed mine and did not hold the clutch but used a 1/2" impact...it was kinda stuck on there as it was original 2000 equipment. The puller was threaded right hand...Again I gently used a 3/8 impact. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

marine engineer 08-30-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 62814)
LEFT HAND THREADS !!!
Bolt holding the drive clutch on is lefthand thread...Changed mine and did not hold the clutch but used a 1/2" impact...it was kinda stuck on there as it was original 2000 equipment. The puller was threaded right hand...Again I gently used a 3/8 impact. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Apparently scottyb dosent know the definition of LEFT HANDED THREADS. Left handed threads mean you turn the bolt to the right to loosen and left to tighten. People are going to read his answer and try like hell loosening that bolt by turning it to the right. The poor guy is still crankin' the bolt to the right to try and get it loose. Thanks for the info dude. You even posted in capitalized RED letters with 3 exclamation points.

roady89 08-30-2008 01:31 PM

Scotty said
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 62814)
LEFT HAND THREADS !!!
Bolt holding the drive clutch on is lefthand thread...

He did not say which way to turn the bolt to loosen it. Scotty informed the person it was left hand thread AFTER the person tried to remove his bolt.....get it...AFTER

Scotty then stated his puller was right hand thread.....has nothing to do with the bolt. Only thing I see wrong in this topic is your rude unjustified comment.

scottyb 08-30-2008 01:34 PM

Excuse me ! Everybody except a ******* engineer knew what I meant. Thank you for that . Sure hope you don't intend to ask for any advice or help after THAT INTRO BUTHEAD! :thumbup:

MrWicked 09-02-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 90725)
Excuse me ! Everybody except a ******* engineer knew what I meant. Thank you for that . Sure hope you don't intend to ask for any advice or help after THAT INTRO BUTHEAD! :thumbup:

Now that is funny I dont care who you are ! ROTFLMAO ! :lol:

golfishunts 09-02-2008 12:09 PM

i laughed a bit too! :thumbup:

whitetail436 09-04-2008 03:25 PM

that is pretty funny. i already knew how to get the retaining bolt out. the problem was the removal of the clutch. funny thing is that after having problems the first time i tried again and used a punch to go in the shaft and then screw a grade 8 bolt in to push it off. it would come off even with an impact. now the punch was stuck in there. i was so pissed i just left it in there and started driving with no clutch retaining bolt hoping the clutch would fall off. no such luck. i have been driving the cart ever since with no retaining bolt in and the punch still sitting in there. one day i might try again when i feel like getting aggravated. my next try i think i might drill a hole through a grade 8 bolt. tap the top and put in a grease fitting. then pump away and hope to pop it off. a friend said it would work because of the hydraulic pressure? what do you guys think? will it work?