Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1982 EZGO Electric (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3385)

rogerdckwrth 02-04-2008 06:53 PM

1982 EZGO Electric

Hi, I am new to the site and am looking for some help. I am trying to get the 82 running for transportation for my 90 yr old dad. The six batteries are new but all else looks old and it does not go! Tomorrow I will start deinstalling and cleaning all contacts. Looks like the previous owner (who passed away) had done some wiring work so first I want to insure that he did not miswire anything. Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this model. How about a repair manual. Thanks, Roger:thumbup:

buckmanmike 02-04-2008 08:22 PM

Re: 1982 EZGO Electric

There are wiring diagrams at the top(sticky) of this category.

rogerdckwrth 02-13-2008 05:56 PM

Great information, thanks but I need some expert help. The cart has very little power at a temp of 27 degrees F. Is that normal. Although I replaced all of the batt terminal wires and the wires from the battery to the switch and elec motor, I am thinking that I need to replace all of the wires and maybe the resistor element. Anyone have any thoughts on this.:thumbup:

phasetim 02-17-2008 08:04 PM

only replace wires if they are damaged... I would check the F/R board, the resistors, and the wiper board that connects to the resistor before I checked anything else....Look for burning, or wear..... Also, look at the wiper arm that connects to the board, If it is nearly worn out, the cold temperatures could cause the carbon to shrink enough to be causing problems....

caddymankc 02-17-2008 08:25 PM

Check the wiring, then the solinoid, then the wiper board, and the resistors, these carts are pretty simple.

rogerdckwrth 02-18-2008 06:39 PM

Thanks--great info--I will follow your advice to the letter!

carguysami 09-26-2008 09:26 PM

tried looking for that sticky on top...can't find it...am I blind, or i have no clue what it is that I am looking for....need that wiring diagram, for a tex golf cart for the solenoid wiring.

rusty 09-26-2008 10:00 PM

Welcome to the forum rogerdckwrth................

rusty 09-26-2008 10:02 PM

Welcome to the forum carguysami....................

Quote:

Originally Posted by carguysami (Post 97610)
tried looking for that sticky on top...can't find it...am I blind, or i have no clue what it is that I am looking for....need that wiring diagram, for a tex golf cart for the solenoid wiring.

Back out of this page one page, and you will see it near the top of that page.