Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2000 36v TXT Series- Speed and Torgue Upgrade (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=112774)

TheDino 11-20-2015 12:54 AM

2000 36v TXT Series- Speed and Torgue Upgrade

I have a 4 Seater 2000 36v TXT Series Golf Cart that I'd like to upgrade the speed on. Currently all stock... (motor, controller, etc.) I'm very close to ordering a motor online... (Model# MOT-B1) that the site says should give me a gain of about 4mph and put me at 18mph. I also plain on upgrading all my cables to 2ga, but I'll be keeping my stock controller. The website says this is fine... but I'm afraid of burning up my controller with the new motor while on longer cart trips with 3 other people. The 6 6v batteries are only used to drive the golf cart... I have a separate onboard battery for the lights and stereo. Also, I dont plan on doing a suspension lift or upsizing the wheels any tim soon. Any advice? I'm trying to get as much speed as I can... But on a budget. Thanks

cgtech 11-20-2015 12:59 AM

Re: 2000 36v TXT Series- Speed and Torgue Upgrade

You are correct, the motor controller will be the weakest link. Stock solenoid (weak even for stock use) and F&R is gonna be questionable too...

TheDino 11-20-2015 01:30 AM

So... even thought the site says that I can use my OEM controller... I should probably upgrade the controller and solenoid with the new motor?? I'm just tired of being the slowest cart in the pack at 14mph.

Also... the F&R?

cgtech 11-20-2015 01:52 AM

The stock controller will work, but it will be under more stress with a better motor. Is your controller perhaps the factory HD 400amp model (black aluminum case with ribs, no plastic housing)?

TheDino 11-20-2015 01:59 AM

To be honest... I've never taken off the black cover... I just know it sits right behind the potentiaometer... (or however you spell it). I was told to go 4ga cable... upgrading to 2ga to be safe

TheDino 11-20-2015 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe I've attached images of the controller and solenoid...

TheDino 11-20-2015 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First pic was the controller... Now this is the solenoid. Called the controller company and they wouldn't give me any info. Anyone know much about these 2?

cgtech 11-20-2015 09:20 AM

It is the standard model controller, not HD. The solenoid is also the stock undersized one. It will work, but not to the motors max potential, and it wont be a "i have been running this combo for 7 years" , the controller will die from being overworked. BTW, the TXT has no potentiometer, the ITS throttle sensor is at the gas pedal. You may be looking at the rotary forward & reverse switch.

TheDino 11-20-2015 09:31 AM

That's exactly what that is! Thanks for your help... I really appreciate it. I'm still torn as to what I should do though.

kobx 11-20-2015 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDino (Post 1220194)
That's exactly what that is! Thanks for your help... I really appreciate it. I'm still torn as to what I should do though.

Just accept the fact that it aint going to end untill you have a new controller, new motor, new cables, HD F/R Switch, voltage reducer, Lift kit, new rims/wheels, LEDs, zombie lights, winch, brush gaurds, and a kick *** switch panel.......:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo: