Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   DS all sports lift question see picture (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=132280)

cjpenny89 07-10-2017 03:13 PM

DS all sports lift question see picture

2 Attachment(s)
I have been fighting steering problems since I changed out the cheapo ebay lift and installed the all sports lift. My steering is hard and I have been fight it to turn the same left and right. I was looking and where the steering tie rod connects to the passenger side to steer it has a slight bend to the passenger side causing the ball joint to come up and over. should the bend be flat or should it be bent the other way? can someone else take a picture and show me there lift?
Thanks
Chad.

Bobthefish19 07-10-2017 03:47 PM

Re: DS all sports lift question see picture

1 Attachment(s)
Does this help ya

cjpenny89 07-10-2017 04:39 PM

I need to see the other side

Hunter450 07-10-2017 05:37 PM

Your jam nut is not doing anything against the ball joint end. Tighten against the linkage arm coming out of the steering rack.

cjpenny89 07-11-2017 05:22 AM

sorry I had them loose from playing around with them trying to get the steering to turn the same amount of turns both right and left. I have them tight now should have done that before I took the picture.

Frizbgolf 07-11-2017 02:12 PM

have you checked the universal joint in the steering column. My 03 was hard to steer left and right, found the universal was wore out and stiff.

cjpenny89 07-12-2017 05:25 AM

thanks not the universal joint!

lockman1 07-12-2017 07:03 AM

My 4" Super Sport is exactly like what you have pictured, but the only time it's really difficult to steer, is at a stand still.
(my 25" tires probably serve a part of the difficulty)
at the same time, when riding, it doesn't have "1 finger" steering, 1 hand yes, 2 hands no.

My buddies 7.5 lift was difficult to steer all of the time, (stopped and riding)
I thought it was odd, but he didn't seem to mind, he attributed it to reducing bump steer off road.
(which made some sense, because it DID reduce the bump steer!)

:dontknow:

NCPW 07-12-2017 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yours does look like it's slightly bent compared to my 6" ss all sports lift. Maybe it was damaged during shipping if it's been doing it since you installed it.