Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   U.S. Battery vs. Duracell (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=186245)

jamoore 08-18-2022 08:39 AM

U.S. Battery vs. Duracell

I need to buy batteries. I have the option to get either U.S. Batteries or Duracell (8v) relatively close to me. About the same price. Just curious your thoughts on which one you guys prefer.

ojo 08-18-2022 09:10 AM

Re: U.S. Battery vs. Duracell

US battery..., like Trojan, they have 100 years of experience with deep cycle batteries. Duracell is good for your pocket lamp :mrgreen:

jamoore 08-18-2022 09:34 AM

Thanks OJO, They have 155 A/H and 170 A/H available. Is it worth the extra $15 per battery for the 170A/H?

ojo 08-18-2022 10:00 AM

The more, the better... i've had the 170's for a Tomberlin cart but, it's your money. 170ah is better for range and will increase the lifetime.

Fairtax4me 08-18-2022 10:14 AM

US Battery would be my first choice. US is arguably the best battery on the market for golf carts.
Duracell are not bad, they're mid tier batteries made by East Penn.

Go for the 170s, or more if you can. The extra 15Ah doesn't seem like much but it makes a big difference in range and overall service life of the battery pack. Especially if you have a higher power motor and/or controller.

sthreatt 08-18-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamoore (Post 1904875)
Is it worth the extra $15 per battery for the 170A/H?

The short answer is yes.

ojo 08-18-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairtax4me (Post 1904895)
US is arguably the best battery on the market for golf carts.

Yes, beside Trojan... :wink:

jamoore 08-18-2022 12:09 PM

Thanks to all. Just the advice I needed. A little farther to drive but not an issue. I have bought 2 sets of US in the past but didn't have much history with them since I sold the carts shortly after putting them in. :thumbup:

Swan 08-18-2022 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamoore (Post 1904911)
I have bought 2 sets of US in the past but didn't have much history with them since I sold the carts shortly after putting them in. :thumbup:

thats why they make Durcell batteries for when you're flipping a cart. A cart that you're going to keep for a while is worth putting in a better battery.

Fairtax4me 08-18-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1904915)
thats why they make Durcell batteries for when you're flipping a cart. A cart that you're going to keep for a while is worth putting in a better battery.

Not necessarily. Perhaps you want your buyers to have higher quality batteries, or if the cart is modded it needs a higher quality pack to run it's best.

Maybe someone just wants to ride the cart for a mile once every 2-3 weeks. Even cheaper batteries last a long darn time when you barely use them. 8)

I recommend better quality for most people who need/want to use the cart on an every day basis or will be covering longer distances.
For the home DIYers around here riding around their own property, I often tell them to go cheap and save the $$$, since they likely won't take very good care of the pack or cart anyway.

JAMoore, Out of curiosity what prices are you finding those US batteries for?
Trojans are the best available in my area of the state, but the prices have gone through the roof lately because of demand.
I needed a set a few weeks ago and the lowest I could find within an hour drive was still $200 each for T875s. I could drive further and get them slightly cheaper, but it would have made a 3+ hour trip to save $150.