Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Newbie 2000 48V CC charger will not kick on (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=31363)

pumpyj 04-06-2010 12:40 PM

Newbie 2000 48V CC charger will not kick on

Been riding cart for the last month or so and have not had any issues with the charger not kicking on. Ran cart all day Sunday and plugged charger in and it would not kick on. Checked a few threads and found a few things to try. Checked voltage on each battery and get any where from 7.5 to 7.6 on each battery. Checked I guess the correct place to get total voltage on cart which was charger recepticale. If I check facing bottom left and bottom right I get 48.5 volts I I check bottom right and top I only get 36.7. not sure whats going on there. Any help please. thanks

golfcarfixer 04-06-2010 01:34 PM

Re: Newbie 2000 48V CC charger will not kick on

Those battery readings are awful low.It takes a certain amount of juice to turn on that charger.Did you run it till the cart quit?

pumpyj 04-06-2010 03:36 PM

It still had some juice when I parked it on Sunday, plenty of power. When I plugged it in that night I noticed that the charger did not come on so I read a thread or 2 and notice where someone had posted that it had to be low for some chargers to kick on.
Monday My daughter road it for a few hrs. But it still had enough juice for me to ride around the house but it was slow. But the charger would not kick on. This is my first cart and know just enough to be dangerous. I know on some models may be ezgo that there is a fuse on the charger that can blow and not allow it to charge. I looked at that fuse on my cart and it look vlown but it ohmed ok.

TahoeDawgZ71 04-06-2010 07:04 PM

If your car has enough power to make the solenoid click, it's got enough power to make the 48V relay in the charger click. You've either got a problem with your on-board computer on the cart, or a bad charger relay.

golfcarfixer 04-06-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 388859)
If your car has enough power to make the solenoid click, it's got enough power to make the 48V relay in the charger click. You've either got a problem with your on-board computer on the cart, or a bad charger relay.

I was gonna say that,tahoe you stole my thunder.I agree- try your charger on another cart if you can if not its the OBC.:thumbup:

pumpyj 04-07-2010 08:14 AM

bypassed the relay last night and charger kicked on. Don't know anyone locally that has a CC. I think I'm going to by a relay and see it that works. Looks like that is a common problem and it's not that expensive.

pumpyj 04-07-2010 10:03 PM

Just changes the relay on the charger and it's now working.
Thanks for help

Loosewire 04-08-2010 12:35 PM

I had the same problem when I first got mine and paid an arm and a leg at the dealer...Then I found a website and purchased three for less than $15 incl. s/h.