Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Just picked up a free cart!!! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118141)

Clemsoncartguy 05-11-2016 10:48 PM

Just picked up a free cart!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Has trouble starting up sometimes. I ordered a replacement aftermarket carb for it. Sometimes it's starved for fuel and others it floods. The price of aftermarket carbs these days kits don't make much sense. We will see how it runs with it. Once it's going it's fine and starts up fine others then others it's like the fuel or pump can't keep up. Not sure yet if that's a pump issue or flooding issue?

Need to reconnect a shock and get new bushings for the rear shackles.

Runs a steady 15mph.

Burns light oil while running and a cloud on startup.

Pretty good for free though!

rib33024 05-11-2016 11:00 PM

Re: Just picked up a free cart!!!

Nice cart :thumbup:

Swan 05-12-2016 07:21 AM

Free is Great !

scottyb 05-12-2016 07:52 AM

Nicest free cart I've seen in awhile :thumbup:

ski-doo583 05-12-2016 07:57 AM

:thumbup: very nice can't beat a free golf cart.

TerryH 05-12-2016 09:12 AM

No such thing as a free puppy. :lhmo::lhmo:

Nice starting point though. :thumbup:

teecro 05-12-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerryH (Post 1273383)
No such thing as a free puppy. :lhmo::lhmo:

I was going to say the same thing no such thing as a free puppy, cart, boat, motorcycle.... :wink:

Clemsoncartguy 05-12-2016 10:18 AM

Yea. I ordered a carb for it. It's flooding out. And as cheap as it was I figured I'd give aftermarket a shot before a teardown or rebuild. I have has success with them on other applications. Carb seems to either flood or starve it? Mabe a pump issue as well? Will order the latter if need be...I have already taken it apart and cleaned it.

The intake is softened up from fuel probably from the float sunk or bad needle /seat? Once I get It running well enough I will get that taken care of.

I should of drained the fuel in it but I just added some fresh about 1.5 gallons and put some fuel cleaner into it to help remove varnish. Gas was definitely older...not the worst I have smelled and still "useable"

Frizbgolf 05-12-2016 01:57 PM

To me that free cart is just screaming ( I was free get me a V twin and you will love me.)

general01 05-12-2016 02:55 PM

^ or a vc460

If the cart has a hour meter(my 94 has one) if it has around 1800 hours then engine likely needs rings(mine did and I put in a vc460 in its place and never have been happier with it)

I wish I could find a free cart here