Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!!! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=26482)

taylorar70 11-27-2009 07:58 PM

My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!!!

Okay im a young guy i take my club cart off road i really need help my carts motor is done im lookint into putting a new gas motor into it ?? now im pretty good with welding and such so i need to know what to do like what tyep on motor is best what to do .. im 16 so please help me!!!:help:

roady89 11-27-2009 08:00 PM

Re: My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!

Welcome to the forum

Why not have the motor fixed?

taylorar70 11-27-2009 08:06 PM

Re: My electric motor died i need help with what to do with installing a gas motor !!

The motor personally doae not have the power and would cost to much.

AirJunky 11-27-2009 08:22 PM

You may find that it costs quite a bit to convert the cart to gas, ie; new rear end, throttle, FnR shifter, etc.
I've never done it but have read where quite a few guys on this forum don't recommend it.
Pick up a used motor, unload the cart & get a gas cart that is more easily modified.

roady89 11-27-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirJunky (Post 317169)
You may find that it costs quite a bit to convert the cart to gas, ie; new rear end, throttle, FnR shifter, etc.
I've never done it but have read where quite a few guys on this forum don't recommend it.
Pick up a used motor, unload the cart & get a gas cart that is more easily modified.

Thats the best advice anyone can give you right there. Good Luck!

GLEEMO 11-28-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirJunky (Post 317169)

Above is GOOD SOLID abvice!

They make electric motors which will climb a tree, but you are still limited to
charge distance (re-charge) .