Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Tomberlin (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   2010 Tomberlin Emerge LSV- loud motor (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=143081)

TheTomatoRocket 06-19-2018 12:51 PM

2010 Tomberlin Emerge LSV- loud motor

Yesterday I bought a 2010 Tomberlin Emerge LSV with 200 miles on it. I test drove it and everything seemed fine except that the motor seemed to run much louder than my current 2006 EZ Go. Could this be as simple as something needing to be lubed up or "broken in" or do LSV motors normally run louder than a standard golf cart? Thanks. 8)

Golf cart guy 06-19-2018 07:50 PM

Re: 2010 Tomberlin Emerge LSV- loud motor

Run it a bit. Brushes should set themselves in. Obvioulsy the cart has sat a while.

TheTomatoRocket 07-02-2018 05:36 PM

I proposed the same question to my local Tomberlin dealer today. They said that the motor needs to be replaced. They said that since it has been run so little that the motor is ceasing up and is an irreversible process.

Thoughts. Comments.

Golf cart guy 07-02-2018 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTomatoRocket (Post 1517682)
I proposed the same question to my local Tomberlin dealer today. They said that the motor needs to be replaced. They said that since it has been run so little that the motor is ceasing up and is an irreversible process.

Thoughts. Comments.

They are idiots and you can tell them I said that. There is nothing wrong with the motor, you just need someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. Its a simple fix really. Most shops don't want the easy fix jobs, but sell you a new motor they want to do.
If you go the route of a new motor, Ill take your old motor.

TheTomatoRocket 07-03-2018 10:25 AM

What is the easy fix? I would like to avoid the cost of a new motor.

Thanks.

jneubig 07-03-2018 12:01 PM

He stated the easy fix in his first reply. Just run the cart for a while. It should work itself out. a 2010 with only 200 miles has sat idle for the huge majority of it's life.

TheTomatoRocket 07-03-2018 05:00 PM

False. I talked to Tomberlin's head mechanic in the southeast today. He told me to absolutely NOT drive the cart anymore and tell the technicians to clean to brushes and repair the motor. He said that if I continue to drive it, then I will further damage the motor.

Golf cart guy 07-03-2018 07:11 PM

If the cart runs and only has a low speed shudder, normally driving it will clear it out, if it shudders all the time, then the motor needs to be removed and clearance the brushes. Its a simple operation. I run into this every September with mostly Tomberlins and Par cars as they have an open brush cover.
Reading the first post, the cart runs with the only complaint is noise, the brushes will reseat themselves in and all should be good.