Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Any Marathon owners with lift kits? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=2268)

NetMXer 11-07-2007 05:40 PM

Any Marathon owners with lift kits?

I just put my cart back together this evening after a total rebuild. I added a 4" lift kit and off road tires in the process. Now I find that I can no longer connect the intake boot between the air filter and that carb. The engine is now sitting lower in the chassis and the carb and air filter are at the same level. There isn't enough room between the two to fit the boot.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your solution?

My only thought is to buy an after market Uni Filter or something.
:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

caddymankc 11-07-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Any Marathon owners with lift kits?

They get weird with aftermarket filter stuff, you could just disconnect it the tubing and just let the airfilter on the engine as it is,or is it 2 stroke i know nothing about them. hope this helps

NetMXer 11-07-2007 07:07 PM

This is a 2 stroke. There is no air cleaner on the engine itself.

caddymankc 11-07-2007 07:26 PM

i would guess maybe make a braket to lower the box some but im not exactly sure how its set up,maybe an aftermarketfilter will work with a 2 stroke,im sure someone else would know more

mb523 11-07-2007 08:05 PM

I forget, what does the mount for the air cleaner look like in your model? I am thinking you could relocate it.

NetMXer 11-07-2007 08:19 PM

It looks like a cast aluminum cylinder. There isn't much room to move it around. It sits behind the battery and in front of the wheel well. I'll take some pictures of it in the morning and post them on here.

scepter46 11-08-2007 09:04 AM

When I lifted my 89 2-stoker I made a 90 degree el and put a air filter from a 100cc yamaha go-cart engine to the carb.

napalaz 11-08-2007 12:18 PM

uni filter is the way to go and them free up the exahust with a header and rejet the carb and ul be rocken

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetMXer (Post 35037)
I just put my cart back together this evening after a total rebuild. I added a 4" lift kit and off road tires in the process. Now I find that I can no longer connect the intake boot between the air filter and that carb. The engine is now sitting lower in the chassis and the carb and air filter are at the same level. There isn't enough room between the two to fit the boot.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your solution?

My only thought is to buy an after market Uni Filter or something.
:help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

NetMXer 11-08-2007 12:35 PM

Do they make the Uni Filter specifically for these carts or do I need to match one up for it?

mphillip 11-08-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetMXer (Post 35216)
Do they make the Uni Filter specifically for these carts or do I need to match one up for it?

My understanding is that you have to match one up.