Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bbq the muffler (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=128113)

comin_in_hot 03-22-2017 07:13 PM

Bbq the muffler

What is the best way to do this. I read to put in camp fire for about 10 min. Do I put it in on its side or standing up? But once out of the fire what is my next step? Thanks

cgtech 03-24-2017 09:17 PM

Re: Bbq the muffler

1 Attachment(s)
My favorite fire pit is a washer drum. Here's a Ezgo one in a tub, with a yamaha one just out of the fire in the background. It is shooting flames out the tube from the oil vapors. I don't think much is needed after burning the crud. Shake it around to see if any debris wants to come out the holes.

jayp1017 03-28-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1365541)
My favorite fire pit is a washer drum. Here's a Ezgo one in a tub, with a yamaha one just out of the fire in the background. It is shooting flames out the tube from the oil vapors. I don't think much is needed after burning the crud. Shake it around to see if any debris wants to come out the holes.

I just cut the top off mine with a grinder. 1988 ezgo. Cut around the top of the muffler where the exhaust connects to muffler...cut about one inch down and don't go too deep just cut the metal through. Once cut you can separate the muffler from the packing and the inside guts. Replace the glass packing with any two cycle glass pack. That will make it really quite and no more smokey 2 cycle smell. Of course you'll need to weld it back up...just use a mig welder and lots of water so you don't catch the packing on fire...go slow. TIP: to get the packing and guts back inside use some computer paper to line the muffler on the inside...it will help to slide in...I also took some paper and formed it around the lip and sharp edges of the cut muffler...once you get it in and lined up give the thing a little twist around and shimmy up then back down...you should be able to pull the paper back out without disturbing the packing.

olevet 03-29-2017 04:10 PM

is this just a problem with the 2strokes?
Wonder if it could be part of my Prob with the 295?

Spicyunicorn 03-29-2017 04:13 PM

Normally only 2 strokes but if you have a cart that was neglected for awhile and burning oil it could possibly cause issues

comin_in_hot 03-29-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olevet (Post 1367414)
is this just a problem with the 2strokes?
Wonder if it could be part of my Prob with the 295?

Mainly 2strokes because people dont run the right fuel/oil ratio. I bought my cart from a fellow dirtbike racer. He put the same gas in the cart as his dirtbike. 50:1. My muffer is heavy as a rock because the packing is full of the unburned oil.

clr.R4tch3t 03-29-2017 10:52 PM

I am also running 40:1, same as my bikes.. but not with the stock muffler. I can definitely see that oil mix destroying a factory muffler. It does put it on a little strong. Haha

olevet 03-31-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn (Post 1367419)
Normally only 2 strokes but if you have a cart that was neglected for awhile and burning oil it could possibly cause issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by comin_in_hot (Post 1367587)
Mainly 2strokes because people dont run the right fuel/oil ratio. I bought my cart from a fellow dirtbike racer. He put the same gas in the cart as his dirtbike. 50:1. My muffer is heavy as a rock because the packing is full of the unburned oil.

What I thot, Im just grasping right now LOL Thanks