Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Fixed! Well it's running! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=47601)

Blake8504 04-28-2011 08:49 PM

Fixed! Well it's running!

Wahoo, got a G1 given to me from my uncle. It has just been rewired and what not, so all that is good. Well it wasn't running, and I wasn't sure why? After lots of researching on the site and asking questions and reading I finally got fuel flowing and it cranking! At first I thought it was the clutch, then the fuel filter, then the pump, but now turns out all it was is the hose coming from the crank case to the pump. It was a little dry messed up going into the pump so it was losing pressure causing it not to pulse! changed that out and now the fuel pump just gushes! I know it was an easy fix, but I have never messed with any kind of engine of any kind so fixing it kind of makes me feel good! I also learned quite a bit about the motor in the process though!

0517murphy 04-28-2011 08:56 PM

Re: Fixed! Well it's running!

that's great, it's fun to figure things out and fix them. and golf carts can be a lot of fun to work on, if you don't pull all of your hair out:lhmo:

crash12888 04-28-2011 08:59 PM

Start off bald and don't have to worry about it. :lhmo:

Glad you got it worked out on your own, Brings on a little bit bigger smile when it fires up and you know you did it yourself doesn't it? :thumbup:

Blake8504 04-28-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash12888 (Post 559164)
Start off bald and don't have to worry about it. :lhmo:

Glad you got it worked out on your own, Brings on a little bit bigger smile when it fires up and you know you did it yourself doesn't it? :thumbup:

Heck yeah! I was like wahoo, I'm going to get more fuel line tomorrow and see about re-routing the fuel pump because it's in an awkward place. I was pumped when I saw it gushing fuel and I hooked up it and it cranked. I had to get on here and brag! haha. So far I've got about 10 bucks invested in this cart, and from what I've read these are good carts as many are still running today!

victorjohn 04-29-2011 01:04 AM

G1s are the best to play around with. The weak link is the oil pump.

chuddly 04-29-2011 04:07 AM

congrats...glad to head to you got it going

Blake8504 04-29-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorjohn (Post 559244)
G1s are the best to play around with. The weak link is the oil pump.

Yeah I think I'm just going to mix and not worry about it.