Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Txt limited slip (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173071)

TB72 01-28-2021 08:17 AM

Txt limited slip

3 Attachment(s)
Wanting to install this kit into a 2012 txt. The information is a little misleading. Anyone know if this will work??? In the description it says yes but down below that it says not.

slonomo 01-28-2021 02:32 PM

Re: Txt limited slip

Call the supplier and ask. Sometimes online listings don't show all the info available. If it's an auction site, don't buy if you can't verify. I always recommend buying expensive parts like that from an actual U.S. supplier like our sponsors.

TB72 01-28-2021 05:23 PM

I have and have gotten 2 different answers. I guess my question is, is the rear end any different in a 2012 txt electric vs 2006??

Cobra,1 01-28-2021 07:33 PM

Not sure how this set up is supposed to work?
Any posi’s I have worked use clutch plates and springs. Spring pressure to determine amount slip so inner wheel disengages somewhat when going around turns. Clutch plates determine the amount of pressure both wheels get when not turning so both wheels are drive wheels making it a posi traction by controlling the spider gears ability to operate independently of each other.

Do they show any sort of install instructions as I can’t Locate them.
Personally as a retired auto tech I would be skeptical of a drop in conversion.
Just not that easy to make open to posi rear end 😊

JohnnieB 01-28-2021 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra,1 (Post 1802572)
Not sure how this set up is supposed to work?
Any posi’s I have worked use clutch plates and springs. Spring pressure to determine amount slip so inner wheel disengages somewhat when going around turns. Clutch plates determine the amount of pressure both wheels get when not turning so both wheels are drive wheels making it a posi traction by controlling the spider gears ability to operate independently of each other.

Do they show any sort of install instructions as I can’t Locate them.
Personally as a retired auto tech I would be skeptical of a drop in conversion.
Just not that easy to make open to posi rear end 😊

I found this at some unmentionable place, then decontaminated my keyboard and disinfected my monitor screen. :mrgreen:

If you-know-who sells it it has got to be iffy at best.

TB72 01-29-2021 08:09 AM

But (IF) it would work in the rear of a 2006, any reason it won’t work in a 2012?? Rears any different??

coldair 01-29-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB72 (Post 1802652)
But (IF) it would work in the rear of a 2006, any reason it won’t work in a 2012?? Rears any different??

usually as they age they get fatter

scottyb 01-29-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB72 (Post 1802652)

Yes, rear ends are different for different years. I bought a posi unit from Ezgo and they were very specific about which carts it would fit in.