Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   03 TXT Upgrade Questions (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=32023)

TLD 04-21-2010 10:19 PM

03 TXT Upgrade Questions

I'm new to the forum and have been bitten with the cart bug! I have an 03 TXT lifted,22"tires all else stock. Has brand new battteries.Wanting to do a few upgrades. Planning on adding 4ga wires everywhere, Alltrax AXE 4844.Can't spend much right now,but want it usable and dependable. May upgrade motor in a few years. Mainly used for checking cows and to and from the woods hunting, pull a few small hills and plowed fields within a mile of so from the house. Has a wire going into the back side of the box in front of the controller that will get hot after a short ride. What is that part under the box?Will it need to be replaced?.What all needs to be added (on a budget) right now that will get me up and running? All help is welcomed. Travis

TLD 04-25-2010 05:37 PM

Re: 03 TXT Upgrade Questions

Anybody have any advice on my rig?

essness 04-25-2010 06:08 PM

Sorry TLD, I see you posted 4-21, I'm a gas guy, I'll try to get someone over to help ya.

roady89 04-25-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLD (Post 395463)
I'm new to the forum and have been bitten with the cart bug! I have an 03 TXT lifted,22"tires all else stock. Has brand new battteries.Wanting to do a few upgrades. Planning on adding 4ga wires everywhere, Alltrax AXE 4844.Can't spend much right now,but want it usable and dependable. May upgrade motor in a few years. Mainly used for checking cows and to and from the woods hunting, pull a few small hills and plowed fields within a mile of so from the house. Has a wire going into the back side of the box in front of the controller that will get hot after a short ride. What is that part under the box?Will it need to be replaced?.What all needs to be added (on a budget) right now that will get me up and running? All help is welcomed. Travis

I'm kinda confused as to what your talking about...but generally when things are getting hot its because of a bad connection. A picture would help trmendously.

rib33024 04-25-2010 06:37 PM

Are you talking about the little black box
in the bottom right corner in the pic, with the washer on top of it--:thumbup:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2...12VDC_PACK.jpg

COURTESYCART 04-26-2010 11:49 AM

dont keep driving it with the wire getting hot. if you do you will create more work and cost you more money.

TLD 04-26-2010 09:11 PM

Yes, the one on bottom right in your pic. Thinkin its the FNR? On the left side under that box is the wire that has been getting hot. The cart still runs good but im not running it till i get wires on it. Got a new set of 4ga on the way. Gonna start there. Do I need to change out the controller right now or can i wait? Does the solenoid need to be changed out when i add the new controller? What im using the cart for is in my original post.Sorry for all the novice questions...just want to get it working without jacking something else up. Thanks for the help...i need it. Kinda got the cart bug just dont know much about it yet. Thanks again, Travis

LostHusker 04-26-2010 09:21 PM

Take your time replacing the wires, do one at a time, and don't forget to disconnect your batteries.

TLD 04-26-2010 09:48 PM

Ok, will do thanks. They should be here any day now.

kdeerman 04-26-2010 09:48 PM

Travis,
Welcome to BGW, I just joined the forum in Feb 2010, and have received a lot of good advice from the guys here. I am interested to hear what they have to say, as I also have recently bought a '03 txt lifted cart (the one you see to the right). It came with 20 " tires, but I have a gas cart with 22" tires. I put those 22" tires on the electric cart, climbed some steep hills, and smelled something getting hot. (not sure what it was). My cart has 4 ga. cables on the batteries, but still has 6 ga. cables to the controller, motor, etc. You are on the right track with the 4 ga. all the way thru. The controller will improve your torque. I am planning to upgrade to 48 volt, using the same Alltrax controller-(have read a lot about the 48 volt upgrade on this site)

My batteries are getting old, so I had planned to go with 6 eight volt batteries, but the more I read, I may go with 8-six volts. Since your batteries are new, you could add two more and see a lot more speed & torque. Do a search on this site for 48 volt upgrade, and you will get a lot of good info. From what I have been told, the stock motor will perform well with these upgrades, with 36 or 48 volts. You can also send your stock motor in and have it rewound to the specs of the high torque motors.