Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=20101)

Wynelocked 04-08-2010 01:38 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy (Post 389516)
No, 2 different engines.

I thought so.

Anyone got a crank kit for a G2...???hahahahaha

mannyvillegas 12-15-2010 09:07 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
Just saw this thread. I make my lifevery simple. I bought an EZGO/Hyundai ignitor with the 5-wire config. Two wires connect to the pulsar. The middle (black) is ground. One goes to the solenoid and the last wire goes to the ignition coil. I make my own harness. Just cost me the price of the EZGO/Hyundai ignitor and 2 yards of wire. Yamaha ignitors are kind of complicated and super expensive.

stuff4mason 01-11-2011 08:24 AM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
OK, so can you swap a G8A engine into a G9? Will the engine mounts line up? If so, how does it work if the gas tank and battery is on the opposite sides of the cart? How about the air cleaner? Would it still fit?

smallblock450sl 01-12-2011 06:40 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 503745)
OK, so can you swap a G8A engine into a G9? Will the engine mounts line up? If so, how does it work if the gas tank and battery is on the opposite sides of the cart? How about the air cleaner? Would it still fit?

Yes you can use a G8 engine. You will need to use the Ignition pickup and flywheel from the G9. Everything else will work just fine, the air box is also the same. Don't worry about the fuel tank and battery.

socalyamahammx 02-08-2011 11:23 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
Thank you Dave for the great info.:thumbup:

terrynbrooke 03-04-2011 07:22 PM

Re: Swapping engines
 
Ok, I'm new to the cart world, just saying so I dont understand alot. Anyone have any ideas to learn more other than forums? But my question is, I have a TTR 125 and I want to pull that motor and put into a lifted golf cart. Is this possible? It is a Yamaha bike, so I would assume getting a Yamaha cart would be best, or does it not matter? Thanks

smallblock450sl 03-05-2011 01:00 PM

Re: Swapping engines
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrynbrooke (Post 529640)
Ok, I'm new to the cart world, just saying so I dont understand alot. Anyone have any ideas to learn more other than forums? But my question is, I have a TTR 125 and I want to pull that motor and put into a lifted golf cart. Is this possible? It is a Yamaha bike, so I would assume getting a Yamaha cart would be best, or does it not matter? Thanks

Welcome ! I would suggest you going to the "bigblock section" , take a look at the "bike engine" build section. Many members have done what your planning and would be glad to add input to your project.

edscarts 08-21-2011 03:52 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
So I'm trying to swap a g9 motor for a g14. The cart is a g9. What exactly do I need to swap? I have it in but it runs terrible. Sounds like it is out of time.

smallblock450sl 08-22-2011 06:34 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by edscarts (Post 611010)
So I'm trying to swap a g9 motor for a g14. The cart is a g9. What exactly do I need to swap? I have it in but it runs terrible. Sounds like it is out of time.

Sorry it took so long to post. You'l need to take the "rotor" /"flywheel",pick up coil,ignition coil off the G9 engine and install them on the G14 engine. Then everything should "plug In" and have correct spark timeing. Let us know what happens

edscarts 08-22-2011 08:17 PM

Re: Swapping engines/G2/G9/G8/G14
 
It worked!!! Thanks for the help. This "sticky" did wonders fo rme because I was stumped!!! Thanks again


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.