Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696)

eddio 06-05-2016 11:38 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Have replaced the MCOR3 three times in the last 6 months. What is making this part go bad. Have a 2009 Precedent. It has the TPS module installed. Anyone help. Tks

teecro 06-06-2016 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddio (Post 1282160)
Have replaced the MCOR3 three times in the last 6 months. What is making this part go bad. Have a 2009 Precedent. It has the TPS module installed. Anyone help. Tks

Because they were just chit to start with... The real question is why are you wasting your money buying from a scammer selling you obsolete parts over and over again... Go here http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ and David Hicks will sell you the MCOR4 with the needed (if needed) harness and you will be done with it... I made the same mistake once when I went from a MCOR2 to a MCOR3 and it worked no better right out the box, installed a MCOR4 over a years ago and love my cart again....

eddio 06-06-2016 07:23 AM

Teecro, thanks, thought so....do I need anything other than the mcor4 to replace the mcor3. It has the TPS module connected to the mcor3. Tks for the help.

teecro 06-06-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddio (Post 1282191)
Teecro, thanks, thought so....do I need anything other than the mcor4 to replace the mcor3. It has the TPS module connected to the mcor3. Tks for the help.

Talk to David Hicks is all you need to do....

TahoeDawgZ71 06-06-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teecro (Post 1282202)
Talk to David Hicks is all you need to do....

Thank you sir. :thumbup:

TahoeDawgZ71 06-06-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddio (Post 1282160)

I'd be interested to know who is still selling MCOR3s. They've been obsolete for years now. You don't have to put the information here on the public forum. You can send me a private message if you'd like. Thank you for your order.

_ogre 07-06-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1064004)
MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101 - This was the DS MCOR found on all DS models since the introduction of the MCOR in 2001 until the MCOR3 came out in 2012. It is now an obsolete part number and is no longer manufactured. If you need to replace one of these you must order a conversion kit.

very useful thread tahoedawg my 03 ds-iq is jerky on the start
from what i can figure the mcor1 is shot

i googled ''MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101'' and found a mcor1 on amazon for $75
https://www.amazon.com/Club-10210110.../dp/B005LA9W12
is there any reason not to buy this mcor1?
probably china aftermarket, not a clubcar part but most classic car parts i buy aren't gm oem either

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1OtrV8idML.jpg

TahoeDawgZ71 07-06-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ogre (Post 1292441)
very useful thread tahoedawg my 03 ds-iq is jerky on the start
from what i can figure the mcor1 is shot

i googled ''MCOR1 - Part Number 102101101'' and found a mcor1 on amazon for $75
https://www.amazon.com/Club-10210110.../dp/B005LA9W12
is there any reason not to buy this mcor1?
probably china aftermarket, not a clubcar part but most classic car parts i buy aren't gm oem either

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1OtrV8idML.jpg

Chinese aftermarket. Save yourself some time and money and get the AM293101 OEM MCOR4 conversion kit for your DS.

jakesnake27 07-08-2016 08:47 PM

Interesting that Stens makes an MCOR. I thought they predominantly produced lawn mower parts...

CCFanatic 07-09-2016 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakesnake27 (Post 1293160)
Interesting that Stens makes an MCOR. I thought they predominantly produced lawn mower parts...

They've got a little bit of everything. From mower parts, to oil, to golf cart parts and accessories. Their catalog is 1100+ pages thick

thetoddjohnson 07-09-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCFanatic (Post 1293202)
They've got a little bit of everything. From mower parts, to oil, to golf cart parts and accessories. Their catalog is 1100+ pages thick

Back in the early 90’s the bank where I worked purchased a new phone system for our trading floor. It was made by Hitachi and it was awful. I mean really awful.

After a few disastrous weeks of us using the new phones (during which we were constantly having Hitachi repair techs having to visit) a very high ranking person (it may have been the president, I don’t know) from the division of Hitachi that made the phone system traveled from Japan to personally meet with us.

The bank for which I was working was a Japanese bank so per Japanese culture this meeting was more about ceremonial politics than about the actual phone system. All of the Japanese management of our company couldn’t bow low enough when the dude and his entourage came into our office. This man (in English that was passable but by no means very good) started pontificating about the history of Hitachi and how great a company Hitachi is, blah blah blah.

We (the Americans who had been hired as a group to build up and run the trading operation) had already learned the hard way that these types of meetings required you to just sit quietly and act amazed if you wanted there to be any possibility of having a productive meeting.

As the grand-pooh-ba of Hitachi, was droning on and on he makes the following statement, “Hitachi makes 57,000 different products!” All of the Japanese men in the room (from both companies) ooh-ed and ahh-ed like the man has just made the most wonderful statement ever spoken on God’s green earth. Meanwhile our head trader (think Master of the Universe from the 1987 novel The Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe) blurts out, “Well perhaps Hitachi should narrow it’s focus a little. Rather than making 57,000 different pieces of sh*t you could specialize and make products that actually work. Now, what are we going to do about this piece of crap you call a phone system?”

The stunned dude from Hitachi never made any apologies for the fact that the phones didn’t work, because our Japanese management couldn’t stop apologizing profusely to him for the rest of his visit. Unbelievably, the net result was that our company placed an order to purchase all new photocopiers and fax machines from Hitachi.

Based on the quality of the stock Hitachi motor that was in my 2007 Yamaha Drive, my guess is that in 2007 Hitachi was still pretty diversified. Hahahahaha.

TJ

tbneau 10-12-2016 03:48 PM

My thanks to TahoeDawgZ71 for solving a MCOR problem that I have been fretting over for months!! The man really does know his stuff and seems happy to help!

TahoeDawgZ71 10-12-2016 07:33 PM

Glad to help. Thank you.

THEPISTONHEAD 02-14-2017 07:37 PM

Huge thanks to David Hicks.....he took time to help me through an MCOR issue and a battery issue. His knowledge was priceless and im very grateful! Thanks TahoeDawgZ71!!!!!!!!!

TahoeDawgZ71 02-14-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEPISTONHEAD (Post 1353090)
Huge thanks to David Hicks.....he took time to help me through an MCOR issue and a battery issue. His knowledge was priceless and im very grateful! Thanks TahoeDawgZ71!!!!!!!!!

That's why I'm here. :thumbup:

FireFighterHill 08-05-2017 11:41 AM

I have a 1988 DS, do I need anything else besides the conversion kit AM293201 to switch it from V-Glide to MCOR4? Everything needed to complete the conversion is in that kit?

TahoeDawgZ71 08-05-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill (Post 1416904)
I have a 1988 DS, do I need anything else besides the conversion kit AM293201 to switch it from V-Glide to MCOR4? Everything needed to complete the conversion is in that kit?

The MCOR4 conversion kit is only to be used with 48 volt carts with Multi-Step Potentiometer style (V-Glide) switches. Your 1988 utilizes the V-Glide in a totally different method than these newer cars do. If you'll post a new thread describing your goals for the cart, we'll help you find the right path, but an MCOR won't work on a 36 volt resistor car at all.

FireFighterHill 08-05-2017 07:37 PM

Thanks for the info.

Godfather1960 09-02-2017 05:27 PM

TahoeDawgZ71 do you sell the MCOR for my 2012 president and if you do you can please PM me

Thanks Brett :thumbup:

NoleFan4Ever 09-02-2017 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather1960 (Post 1428371)
TahoeDawgZ71 do you sell the MCOR for my 2012 president and if you do you can please PM me

You will get a faster response by contacting him or going to his website listed above (Site Sponsors) and in his signature. :thumbup:

txpres 09-03-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather1960 (Post 1428371)

Best way is to go to his website shown in his signature and order the Mcor.

Godfather1960 09-03-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpres (Post 1428529)
Best way is to go to his website shown in his signature and order the Mcor.

Thanks brother :thumbup:

net 09-13-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather1960 (Post 1428536)
Thanks brother [emoji106]

Here in my area to many ancor were bad

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

Beerman24 10-28-2017 12:28 PM

Quick question, hope it makes sense. So I have a 1995 DS cart frame and a 2003 IQ DS innerards mounted in it (the 2003 frame was bent up bad). I seem to remember having to modify the pedal some. My MCOR (original) seems to be going out and was thinking about replacing to the MCOR4 conversion kit. My cart is up at camp right now so I cant look under it but wondered how hard or what modifications the conversion kits requires? I see a spring and a new rod and obviously a new mcor box. Or is the kit pretty much un hook old and replace with new? Thanks

TahoeDawgZ71 10-29-2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman24 (Post 1445657)
Quick question, hope it makes sense. So I have a 1995 DS cart frame and a 2003 IQ DS innerards mounted in it (the 2003 frame was bent up bad). I seem to remember having to modify the pedal some. My MCOR (original) seems to be going out and was thinking about replacing to the MCOR4 conversion kit. My cart is up at camp right now so I cant look under it but wondered how hard or what modifications the conversion kits requires? I see a spring and a new rod and obviously a new mcor box. Or is the kit pretty much un hook old and replace with new? Thanks

It's a simple bolt-on kit. Takes about 20 minutes or so to install if you've never done it before.

Beerman24 10-30-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1445947)
It's a simple bolt-on kit. Takes about 20 minutes or so to install if you've never done it before.

Thanks for the info. Going to order one then.

TahoeDawgZ71 10-30-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman24 (Post 1446275)
Thanks for the info. Going to order one then.

Anytime sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beerman24 11-02-2017 06:26 PM

Ordered from you! Thanks again! Hope it works for me :lol:

TahoeDawgZ71 11-02-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman24 (Post 1447205)
Ordered from you! Thanks again! Hope it works for me :lol:

Just got the order. Thanks. Will ship tomorrow morning.

Beerman24 11-07-2017 07:45 PM

Quick shipping, thank you. Heading to camp this weekend and will install. Thanks again!

TahoeDawgZ71 11-07-2017 07:45 PM

You're welcome

Jobber104 11-14-2017 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have my eye on a 2009 Precedent IQ (PQ- prefix on Serial #). It's not a local cart, so I haven't actually set eyes on it myself. How do I (or ask the owner to) determine whether it has TPS or has been converted to MCOR setup?

Let me preface by saying I don't even know what the MCOR is, what it does, where it is in the cart, and how big of an issue this really is. But the first post on this sticky caught my attention as it relates to the 2009 CCs.

The cart meets all my other requirements for color, add-ons, condition, etc. So after reading this thread, now I'm just trying to measure my risk on this cart as it relates to this issue I'm unfamiliar with.

For what it's worth, I believe it has a Gen1 Pedal (see attached pic) and I do plan to do the motor magnet speed adjustment as I did on my last CC (a 2004 Villager 4 and provided detailed write-up here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ce-result.html).

Thanks for any insights!

TahoeDawgZ71 11-15-2017 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobber104 (Post 1450587)
I have my eye on a 2009 Precedent IQ (PQ- prefix on Serial #). It's not a local cart, so I haven't actually set eyes on it myself. How do I (or ask the owner to) determine whether it has TPS or has been converted to MCOR setup?

Let me preface by saying I don't even know what the MCOR is, what it does, where it is in the cart, and how big of an issue this really is. But the first post on this sticky caught my attention as it relates to the 2009 CCs.

The cart meets all my other requirements for color, add-ons, condition, etc. So after reading this thread, now I'm just trying to measure my risk on this cart as it relates to this issue I'm unfamiliar with.

For what it's worth, I believe it has a Gen1 Pedal (see attached pic) and I do plan to do the motor magnet speed adjustment as I did on my last CC (a 2004 Villager 4 and provided detailed write-up here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ce-result.html).

Thanks for any insights!

The Motor Controller Output Regulator (MCOR) is a throttle device that is used to communicate to the controller. It works a lot like a dimmer switch on a light. The MCOR is attached directly to the base of the accelerator pedal and has an internal knob that twists when you apply throttle. The further you press on the pedal, the more it twists and the more throttle is applied. Based on your photograph you have the Gen 1 pedal assembly. There is no way it has a TPS, as the TPS will not fit on this pedal. The only one that will fit on a Gen 1 pedal is an MCOR2. If it's working fine, leave it alone. Symptoms of a bad MCOR are jerky, hesitant operation and inability maintain a steady speed.

Jobber104 11-15-2017 01:38 AM

Thanks for the reply, David. That helps a lot. Although I have yet to see the cart in person, your assessment gives me confidence. I was unclear as to whether having the Gen1 pedal assembly meant that there's still a possibility for having the TPS. Since you're rules that out based on the photo, I'm feeling much more comfortable about this cart. Thanks again and look forward to ordering another motor magnet and possibly other items from you soon. -J

Chams 12-31-2017 08:25 PM

I have a 2008 Precedent that i bought used about a year ago. (serial shows PH0813-xxxxxx) A couple of months ago it started having some of the same problems described in this thread. As it accelerates if I push the pedal down too far it stops, if I let up on the pedal a little it starts to go again. It seems to have the same speed as it used to, I just have to accelerate slowly. Throttle seems to be die at about 2/3 of the way down. I changed the MCOR2 and the speed sensor, but neither made any difference. I think it had a TPS conversion because it has that small black box with connectors at each end with 2 connectors going into the MCOR2 as shown in picture 3 of this thread.

net 12-31-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chams (Post 1463966)
I have a 2008 Precedent that i bought used about a year ago. (serial shows PH0813-xxxxxx) A couple of months ago it started having some of the same problems described in this thread. As it accelerates if I push the pedal down too far it stops, if I let up on the pedal a little it starts to go again. It seems to have the same speed as it used to, I just have to accelerate slowly. Throttle seems to be die at about 2/3 of the way down. I changed the MCOR2 and the speed sensor, but neither made any difference. I think it had a TPS conversion because it has that small black box with connectors at each end with 2 connectors going into the MCOR2 as shown in picture 3 of this thread.

All the presedent club car has the same problem with mcor.
Replace it.

Chams 01-04-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by net (Post 1463970)
All the presedent club car has the same problem with mcor.
Replace it.

As I stated in my question, I already replaced it.

BNB1023 01-21-2018 05:16 PM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly DESCRIPTION?

Before I make the mistake...By looking at the picture,I believe I have the Group 2 pedal, but have problems really telling the difference except that the accelerator pedal is ribbed. Is that the difference we are supposed to see? Mine is ribbed, thanks.
Mine is a 2009, so I will pull the cover and look before I order.

TahoeDawgZ71 01-22-2018 08:47 AM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly DESCRIPTION?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BNB1023 (Post 1469385)
Before I make the mistake...By looking at the picture,I believe I have the Group 2 pedal, but have problems really telling the difference except that the accelerator pedal is ribbed. Is that the difference we are supposed to see? Mine is ribbed, thanks.
Mine is a 2009, so I will pull the cover and look before I order.

A ribbed pedal is a Gen 2.

lcmedic39 05-22-2018 02:15 PM

I have a 97 48V DS. What would I have?