Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Severe Duty Belt (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=78175)

Springbok 04-04-2013 06:16 AM

Severe Duty Belt

I was wanting to get this severe duty belt for my Club Car:

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/severe-...rive-belt.html

I called Tom at CPP and told him I have an '87 Club Car (KF82) with '88-up clutches. He said that it would work. Then I told him that my driven clutch was machined (by CPP) a few months ago. He then said the belt would be too loose and that the stock belt would be a better fit. But one reason I was wanting the SD belt was better water resistance.

I was under the impression that the SD belt would ride higher in the driven clutch sheave and if anything, be too tight (?). Anyone have any insights?

lockman1 04-04-2013 06:48 AM

Re: Severe Duty Belt

The SD belt only "appears" to ride higher on the clutches due to the thickness of the double cogs.

My 2007 Lynx came stock with the 88-91 1017188 1" x 37 1/2" belt. rather then the 92+ 1016203 1" x 37 3/8",
It confused me a little why CC would do that, but, it started out as a hunting vehicle,
so I guess the slightly shorter belt helps the low end torque with less belt slippage!

I won't go back to the stock belts after having the SD belt on my cart,
It helps my FE350 scream up hills, and dig in when I really need it off-road!
and just so you know... the SD belt will slip when it gets wet, but not near as much as a stock belt!

If you don't know this already, do whatever Tom says on which belt to get, He got me an SD #1017188, it was a perfect fit!

:wink:

Springbok 04-04-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman1 (Post 862588)
If you don't know this already, do whatever Tom says on which belt to get, He got me an SD #1017188, it was a perfect fit!

The 1017188 is the same belt in my link. I really want to run it, I'm still not clear on a reason I shouldn't, other than Tom saying to go with a stock belt (?). There's even a guy in the reviews that said this belt worked great with his machined clutch.

My motor plate has elongated holes, it seems like I could move it forward a bit to make up for a loose belt, especially when we're only talking a fraction an inch difference between the belt lengths between the 88-91 and 92+ belts. :dontknow:

mndanielsncsu 04-04-2013 09:00 AM

I've got the SD belt along with a CPP machined clutch with torque spring and I haven't had any issues. I'm with Lockman, I wouldn't got back to a stock belt.

lockman1 04-04-2013 03:52 PM

It seems that there may be some discrepancies in my previous post with belt sizes...
My CC dealers website shows the 92+ 1016203 being 1" x 31 1/2" rather then 37 3/8"!

Double check that with Tom, he may have a different idea of what he's suggesting!
It could be that the SD belt with the machined clutch(s) may just cause your cart to jerk at inital acceleration, :dontknow:

:wink:

TTB 07-20-2015 03:49 PM

I have a 2001 gas cc ds that I am putting a severe clutch kit on.....

For those of you that have done this on a DS similar to mine, was it very difficult?

Seafarer12 07-20-2015 10:16 PM

I would just got for it. If it doesn't work just play stupid.

Clubcar555 07-21-2015 01:42 PM

My clutch was done by Tom and I just recently put the SD belt on mine and it seemed a little tighter going on, maybe cause it was new?

I didn't have to remove the clutch just put on the front clutch and "rolled" it over the driven clutch.
It seems to pull better up steep hills than it did before.

KRAZYMATT 07-24-2015 11:37 PM

I have machined clutch, and the power spring and I am using the servere duty belt without any issues also...

rose88 07-25-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mndanielsncsu (Post 862652)
I've got the SD belt along with a CPP machined clutch with torque spring and I haven't had any issues. I'm with Lockman, I wouldn't got back to a stock belt.

I had this same set up on my 06 CC worked great:thumbup: