Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Buildup (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=71365)

nhoffman94 10-09-2012 08:15 PM

Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Buildup

5 Attachment(s)
I recently got a yamaha g3 sun classic that wasnt running. these are pretty sweet carts, have a full roof, windshield, turn signals lights etc. I traded a 1979 Kawasaki ke 100 that i paid 450 for for it. Turned out to have a blown motor, however i bought all of the parts, suspension, swingarm, engine, wiring, transaxle wheels+ tires etc from a neighbor for 40 bucks.
First thing i did was replace the engine with the used one, eliminated the oil injection system, now mixing at 40:1-50:1. Next, i extended the exhaust pipe to the front of the rear wheel so the fumes wouldnt get in the cab anymore. Unfortunately the fun ended after about a day as we were riding it around the city went up onto a sidewalk and hit a major crack at full speed witch caused the steering wheel to turn very qucikly and ran it into a brick building. broke the front end up pretty good, no frame damage, however the key broke off in the ignition so i had to hot wire it.
Now i want to rebuild the front and rear ends so i cut the front off as you can see. i have a rendering of what i want to do as well, excuse the paint drawing i dont have photoshop.

nhoffman94 10-09-2012 08:18 PM

Re: Yamaha G3 Sun Classic Buildup

5 Attachment(s)
and here it what ive done so far as well as rendering

nhoffman94 10-09-2012 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thinkin about doing a general lee paint job on it as well here it is in orange. not the greatest paint work but it gives you an idea.

spriddle 10-09-2012 10:16 PM

These little carts really cool. Keep us posted with pic's. Nice project. :thumbup:

nhoffman94 10-09-2012 11:16 PM

sounds good, yeah its a great little run around cart been driving it all over chicago lately. put a gallon in and drive for 8-10 hours, must et at least 80 miles to the gallon. since august 25th ive put about 800 miles on it in the city and haven't even bought 10 gallons of gas. surprisingly the cops havent pulled me over once, and i know it isnt street legal.

TheNewGuy 10-10-2012 08:10 AM

Cool project!:thumbup: Keep the pics coming.

cabojth 11-21-2018 02:43 PM

I just got a 1987 sun classic it is in great shape i am looking for golf bag holder for rear of cart it is the only thing missing everything else works can anyone help me? Also does anyone know what these things are worth right now?

Jeez1995yam 11-21-2018 10:10 PM

I see the G3 and G5 around where I live going for $1500 to 2800. Seems most are around $2100 or so. I just bought a G5. I’m in AZ.