Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha wiring diagrams (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=22692)

sho305 03-18-2012 09:40 PM

Re: Yamaha wiring diagrams

There are some places that sell the minibike stuff that post the wiring diagrams, guess I would start there. A lot of them are the same. The G2 diagram is posted in the sticky posts here.

It would be best to make a new post in the forum.

Soupy96 09-09-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMB74 (Post 514095)
Scan of the wiring diagram for G1 J10 models (1979-81). This is right from the factory manual. Note that it does not show the ground side fuse.

Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?

ride2tires 10-16-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 631128)
The G9a diagram might not be right, according to my manual the R/W should also power up the starter solenoid and VR....the R/W in the top half should be connected to the R/W in the bottom half of the diagram.
http://www.cunninghamgolfcar.com/dow...maha%20G9A.pdf

Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall! :shock:

nwarren9 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I would like to share the G1 wiring diagrams that I have found handy. and thanks to the fakes that put them together.

Attachment 78609

Attachment 78607

Attachment 78608

sho305 01-19-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ride2tires (Post 790963)
Wish I would have read this comment before two nights of beating my head against a wall! :shock:

Sorry:? The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.

MonsterCrawler 04-28-2013 07:26 PM

hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?

bighawkster3569 05-15-2013 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupy96 (Post 773965)
Hey you wouldn't happen to have the whole manual on PDF would you?

Here is what I have found.

sho305 03-15-2015 03:34 PM

Found a nice testing chart for Yamaha generator problems. Don't know who the place is but the chart seems helpful.

http://www.golfcarspecialties.com/te...ng_checks.html

Viejajefita 08-18-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho305 (Post 828606)
Sorry:? The red/white on a G9 powers up about everything. It goes through key and pedal switch then coil/ignitor/solenoid the whole thing is powered up off that wire.

I have been working on it because it flickers the lights now and never did with the stock engine. The only difference with the clone is the ignition is powered by itself not the cart, all wiring is there just the ignition parts are unplugged and removed. The VR is acting differently, and using 55w driving lights same as before.

Been checking continuity on all my wires using the diagrams from Cunningham. I thought that r/w was an important one. It attaches to spade terminal at top of starter solenoid correct? Should there be a wire, red, That piggy backs off of the large terminal (one that goes to battery) then off to the key switch?

cgtech 08-19-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterCrawler (Post 874571)
hey, i want to take that annoying *** buzzer off, to do that do i have to cut the purple and black wire and connect them or what do i do? what if i were to wire in some sort of led reverse light running off those purple and black wires?

Thats exactaly what i did with my g2a gas. Unplugged the buzzer, ran wires to a led plate light mounted behind the bumper. Key turns it off too. If yours is electric, thats a problem, the buzzer is supplied with full pack voltage, in that situation i would go with a led light and a properly calculated resistor to "knock it down" to the correct voltage.