Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What did you do to/for your EZGO today? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=23016)

SpoiledRotten 01-04-2010 08:32 AM

Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarksKarts (Post 334207)
Let's see before and after pics SR!

I'll try to take some pics this evening, Mark.

SpoiledRotten 01-04-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornoman (Post 284568)
Today, for my EZ-Go, I read an article in the Chicago Tribune describing the new law in Illinois that will allow golf carts to be classified as NEV's and used on public roads. The law takes effect Jan. 1, 2010. I am a turn signal kit and seat belt kit away from compliance. Looks like I got more research to do.....

Okay G-man, is it ready? Have you tested the new law yet?

GHBG35 01-04-2010 10:05 AM

GOt it stuck in a ditch! WHOO HOO

scottyb 01-04-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHBG35 (Post 334404)
GOt it stuck in a ditch! WHOO HOO

Where are the Pictures!???? :lhmo:

SpoiledRotten 01-04-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 334412)
Where are the Pictures!???? :lhmo:

Yep, got to share pics of that! :-P

SpoiledRotten 01-04-2010 02:31 PM

I also took mine for a ride around a golf course to see how it liked it. I believe IT might become a member there. I also wanted to make sure I was going to have enough juice in the battery pack to make it 18 holes with some to spare. It did fine carrying my wife and I. Now, all I'll be adding is two sacks of sticks and maybe a cooler.

gornoman 01-04-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten (Post 334392)
Okay G-man, is it ready? Have you tested the new law yet?

I'm working on it. Visited the Secretary of State's office today. They are still very confused. I need to make some calls and get more answers. The Z06 will probably be classified as a Specially Constructed Vehicle (titled), and registered as a Low Speed Vehicle (plates). Inspections will be involved, how many and by whom is to be determined.

SpoiledRotten 01-04-2010 04:02 PM

Thanks for the update. Good luck with it. Still wish my state would get off their arse and pass something like that.

HDRyder 01-04-2010 09:46 PM

Started the swap out to 4 gauge cables this evening. I liked the solder filled terminal ends I got from Spectro Wire & Cable, but I just wasn't 100% comfortable. :dontknow: So I went to my buddies garage and got his crippers so without a doubt my connections are good now. Each terminal comes with heatshrink also. I'll get some pics up when I'm done. I still have to make all the short battery jumpers.... :thumbright:

gornoman 01-04-2010 10:03 PM

Sure hope you crimped them first, then soldered!