Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   RXV reverse switch malfunctions? I have error codes (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=111953)

smokey tennis shoe 10-24-2015 09:09 AM

RXV reverse switch malfunctions? I have error codes

I have a 2010 or 2011 RXV.

2 year old trojan batteries, 51.3 volts. The problem, is when i turn the key switch on to reverse, and wait for the start up test, half the time the cart will not move. When this happens, if i turn it off and then back on, and wait for the test, it will eventually kick in and go.

Sometimes, i have to go thru this process of turning key on and off, about 6 times before it will.

I replaced the key switch, and it made no difference. So i hooked up the hand held, and i only see 2 error codes.

These are the error codes :

25106 and 25107

The first code says the reverse buzzer or harness?? Buzzer works fine, harness appears fine, i have tugged, wiggled at both ends ( key switch, and buzzer ), and makes no difference.

The other code refers to something in the brake, about aligning some disc?/

Anyway, if this helps. I noticed when the malfunction happens, at that time on the handheld, the solenoid is NOT closed AND ALSO the reverse function says "off".

I also noticed on the start up test, if the malfunction happens, the first buzzer sound you hear, starts out faint then kicks in, and also the start "lurch" is not as severe as the normal lurch.

What can i do to fix this??

Thank you guys for any help and consideration

cgtech 10-24-2015 02:18 PM

Re: RXV reverse switch malfunctions? I have error codes

First, if you are getting a 25107, the fix for that is usually a new brake. 25106 is reverse buzzer failed or not present, danaher rxv will not run if the reverse buzzer is not detected by the controller.

smokey tennis shoe 10-24-2015 04:34 PM

Thanks CG. I will try a new brake on tuesday and see if that fixes the issue.

I wonder why it throws that reverse buzzer code, it is there and always works. The only issue with the buzzer, as i said earlier, every once in awhile at the start up, the buzzer will start out real faint then kick in.

Then when i noticed the solenoid was open during the malfunction, i was looking at that.

So i will try the brake and report back. Thank you for your time and advice.:thumbup:

HiTechRedNeck 10-27-2015 07:21 PM

Might Swap buzzer out if you have another RXV around.

Bad buzzer will prevent operation and a weak/intermittent buzzer would show itself if swapped to another cart.

HiTechRedNeck 10-27-2015 07:23 PM

Ditto CG on fixing brake first...
quick and easy... if no help, you can put old brake back on... keep new one --you will need it later.

smokey tennis shoe 10-27-2015 07:42 PM

I installed a new brake, and it did not fix the issue. I still have the same error codes and cart will not engage in reverse every time?

The buzzer works, and buzzes, can it still be bad?

smokey tennis shoe 01-06-2016 06:24 PM

Anyone have any ideas about this?

cgtech 01-06-2016 07:45 PM

Is it the original one that is hardwired in the harness from the factory? The controller knows everything, even how many mA the reverse buzzer is using.

smokey tennis shoe 01-06-2016 09:06 PM

cg, if you are asking about the reverse buzzer, yes it was the original one. I have removed the original one and replaced it with one i removed from a known working rxv. So the buzzer is fine.

Since i started this thread, i have started a second thread titled " rxv key switch ohms". Not getting much action on that thread, but it has more up to date stuff that i have tried. Check it out and see if you have ant ideas or opinions??
thanks

PinballDad 01-08-2016 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1231518)
Is it the original one that is hardwired in the harness from the factory? The controller knows everything, even how many mA the reverse buzzer is using.

You got that right. I got tired of the buzzer noise and clipped the wire. Felt real stupid after cart would not move after. Could not believe the buzzer actually had feedback or the controller could sense the current draw from it's use. So I mixed up 2 part epoxy and poured it in the opening. Did not cancel the sound 100% but itdid mucfle it down good.

O.p.
My cart does what yours does since I bought it 5 years ago. I have several threads here asking for help. No go. I replaced key switch, brake, solenoid, motor. Was ready to replace controller and I decided to just live with it. Took it to an ezgo dealer and paid $100 just be be told to buy a controller and no guarantee it would fix it. I got frustrated and like I said, I just live with turning the key 2 to 5 times to get it going. Also, I took the brake totally off now since I wondered if that would fix it. It did not and I never put the old or the new brake back on again. My backyard is flat and level so no worry rolling away.

G.L. with your issue. I hope you fix it so I can learn. I have alot of hours and $$$ invested trying to fix mine and simply gave up
2008 rxv shuttle