Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

thecurti 11-07-2013 07:54 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

While trimming trails and hanging stands, my cousin dropped cig ashes and burnt a hole in the seat on my cart :cussing: just wanted to :violent1:

Mike Mac 11-07-2013 08:42 AM

OH, I think killing is in order!!:shock::shock:

Buddy of mine did that with a cigar, but hardly left a mark!!... Ya, I killed em!!...:shock::lhmo::lhmo:

404:lhmo:

stuff4mason 11-07-2013 10:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Did you beat him to death Curt? Riley can help you with those seats!!:thumbup:

Tore into the G16 brakes last night. The drivers side was full of crap and got it all cleaned out. The pads are about 1/2 gone and remembered I had bought new pads for the G8, that I didn't end up using before the CAW trip. Turned out that the G8 (22 year old brakes) were perfect! Well, tried to get the pads to fit and found that the G16 pads are WAY smaller than the G8's. DANGIT!:thumbdown: Seems everything on the G8 is bigger and badder than the G16. Well, except the motor (from what I understand).

Anyway, put it back together and this side seems better than it was anyway. I'll hit the passenger side tonight. So far though, this isn't helping the brake pedal spring back. :cry:

thecurti 11-07-2013 10:38 AM

I'd love to send them to Riley, But $ is tight and I can't be without my seat for weeks

stuff4mason 11-07-2013 10:40 AM

When and if you do have Riley do seats for ya, Maroon and silver, in the same pattern as his corvette seats would look bad azz!! For now, duck tape is cheap!! I got quite a bit of duck tape on my seats, since the dog's nails keep poking through the cheap vinyl.

Mike Mac 11-07-2013 01:06 PM

Jim there is a spring on the brake pedal itself. Have to remove the B pedal assembly to get it out tho.

Good ta know about G8 shoes!

Jim, those are korean shoes, they don't stop for nothin!! I literally through those in the garbage!!

404:lhmo:

smallblock450sl 11-07-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 952280)
Did you beat him to death Curt? Riley can help you with those seats!!:thumbup:

Tore into the G16 brakes last night. The drivers side was full of crap and got it all cleaned out. The pads are about 1/2 gone and remembered I had bought new pads for the G8, that I didn't end up using before the CAW trip. Turned out that the G8 (22 year old brakes) were perfect! Well, tried to get the pads to fit and found that the G16 pads are WAY smaller than the G8's. DANGIT!:thumbdown: Seems everything on the G8 is bigger and badder than the G16. Well, except the motor (from what I understand).

Anyway, put it back together and this side seems better than it was anyway. I'll hit the passenger side tonight. So far though, this isn't helping the brake pedal spring back. :cry:

Aftermarket brake shoes! (made in Korea?) Haven't I and Mike tought you anything:mrgreen: Late G1's thru early G14's (with Yamaha transaxle's) use J55 Yamaha brake shoes, Late G14's thru G22's (Dana transaxles) use JN6 -Bendex shoes. Hope you don't plan to use aftermarkets on the ATV build.....you may need a winch to pull your self out of a ditch because it would stop:shock:

stuff4mason 11-07-2013 08:00 PM

Yea, they are Korean. I bought them a long time ago - before Mike told me to buy only Yamaha brake pads. I never tried to install them until just before CAW. Thought since I had them, I'd try to see if they fit. Any idea who sells the lowest cost Yamaha parts?

Riley Automotive 11-07-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 952290)
I'd love to send them to Riley, But $ is tight and I can't be without my seat for weeks

I would be glad to help you out anyway I can. I have not been on here much because I have been wiring my new house. Should be finished with the rough in on weds.

If you can wait until the first of the year I should be back in the shop doing more. If you do not have a problem putting them on I could always make a set off my cart pattern and just ship them to you. I understand that money is tight, this house is costing a fortune. But if you what to do something just pm me and I can give you some quotes.

MJHomebrew 11-07-2013 09:53 PM

Ok. Paint is fully under way. Cleaned up and painted seat backs, brackets and seat frame.

Finished with the color coats on the plastics too. Still lots of sanding and many coats of clear left to do.

Here's a couple of bad photos
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/atuzu5yd.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/u8umyzut.jpg