Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

Riley Automotive 11-07-2013 09:57 PM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Looks good!!!

stuff4mason 11-07-2013 10:38 PM

Agreed!:thumbup: Is that a forest green color? I hope that guy is paying you Mason! You're putting a ton of hours in that G8! We can't wait to see the end result!:mrgreen:

Mike Mac 11-07-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 952567)
Any idea who sells the lowest cost Yamaha parts?

Ya, Block!!!:shock::thumbup:

MJ, lookin very good!! Be proud!!:thumbup:

thecurti 11-08-2013 08:29 AM

Riley, I have no problem installing covers. I'll PM you

Brew, Looks good:thumbup:

G1-G9 11-08-2013 10:59 AM

Curt it was most likely a left handed cig and a seed that burnt your seat.:lhmo::lhmo::shock: :mrgreen:

bokeasmowl 11-08-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1-G9 (Post 952752)
Curt it was most likely a left handed cig and a seed that burnt your seat.:lhmo::lhmo::shock: :mrgreen:

that's why I prefer a bowl. :mrgreen:

Mike Mac 11-10-2013 08:41 AM

James, what's the latest? Pictures please!!

404:lhmo:

stuff4mason 11-11-2013 08:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well Mike, I took the cart outside this weekend, using easy-off oven cleaner, I pressure-washed the motor and the brake pedal area. Then, disconnected the brake cables, and moved the engine cradle to below the mounting bracket, which almost levels the engine to stock stance. This also drops the carb about 2 1/2 inches lower to clear the seat when closed. Found that the main bolt through the cradle bracket was bent. Explains why the axle was too far forward on one side and too far back on the other. I still have to build a bracket on top of the cradle mount to support the bushing and new bolt.

Today I need to take a trip to the store for a new grade 8 bolt, C-clip (that flew across the garage upon removal) new welder wire (Anyone have suggestions on best brand? or type?) and new cotter pins.

I have a question regarding the brakes. When I removed the brake cable from the pedal, it flopped forward with no tension on the pedal in either direction. I thought the big spring at the base of the pedal was supposed to keep it back? I am thinking that spring may be broken?

stuff4mason 11-11-2013 08:42 AM

Also may try to find a same width, but shorter belt. This way the motor doesn't have to be so far forward. Doubt I'll find something in this county anyway.

essness 11-11-2013 08:50 AM

Jim, pm Dave (Smallblock) on that spring. Pretty common for them to go bad. He's probly got stock and can send right away.