Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

bokeasmowl 12-30-2013 10:25 PM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Glad to see ya Troubaclause!! Hope you're getting around better now. At least your spirits look up! :thumbup:

stuff4mason 12-30-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokeasmowl (Post 970868)
What year is the motor or did I miss that?

Motor is 2001.

Hey Trouble! Where ya been?

bokeasmowl 12-30-2013 11:07 PM

01? Definitely crank seals.

stuff4mason 12-30-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokeasmowl (Post 970866)
If you're already getting that far into it Jim, I woulda put new crank seals in it. Jus sayin'...

Crank Seal, right? Should only be one - between the clutch and the crank, correct? That's not a bad idea.:thumbup: I just do not want to split the case.

Mike Mac 12-30-2013 11:25 PM

If it's got oil galleys! Check the crank journal for grit. Bearings as well. What ever took out the cylinder is everywhere else.or flush it out very well

TROUBADOUR 12-31-2013 12:34 AM

Leg isn't doing well at all. Worse than last year before the replacement. Actually, the replacement is doing OK, but there are other problems. Can't walk more than 50 - 60 feet without stopping. My back aches after standing more than 15 minutes. :?
Going to see my surgeon tomorrow AM. Have an appointment at the VA in Spokane on Jan 8 and another (orthopedics and podiatry) on Jan 26. My leg and foot are so swollen I can't wear shoes -- have to get by with sandals or slippers and the temps haven't been above freezing in 3 weeks! So I don't go outside much. :roll:

Besides that things are OK. Got to play Santa a couple times, still playing my washtub a couple times a week and volunteering where I can be useful. Life is good!

:thumbup:

thecurti 12-31-2013 09:36 AM

Sorry your having Troubles Troubaclause. Hope you had a great Christmas.
I found you some Donkey slippers to make you comfy
http://www.oscarandeve.co.uk/ekmps/s...pers-222-p.jpg

stuff4mason 12-31-2013 10:01 AM

Curt, your like the master internet searcher. Yahoo and Google should hire you!!!!!

So, G8 club - is everyone heading to or having a new years eve party tonight? We are. Expecting about 30-40 people to show up. You all are welcome to the party!!!

thecurti 12-31-2013 10:21 AM

Oh I'm no master, but I do need a great paying job (in case Yahoo or Google are watching us)

I'm gonna hang with some friends tonight, shoot some fireworks at midnight, then going hunting in the morning.

The end of 2012 relieved a lot of stress off my shoulders and got evil people out my life.
2013 has found new friends and good times, but has been a struggle.

Here's to 2014 :occasion5: change is welcome

I hope you guys have a great New Years:occasion7:, and please be safe

Mr. Mike 12-31-2013 12:06 PM

Happy New Year to everyone. My son decided to end the year with a bang. He and his friends broke everything that runs on gas except for the mower. I was so friggin hot last night but it'll get better. His old Kaw Bayou 300 died as in, just stopped running. So he towed that out of the woods...no big surprise to me because its a big POS! so then, he rode my Kaw Prairie 650 in the woods and drove a branch right thru the radiator guard into the radiator which pushed in to the cooling fan...just F'n great. Then his friends were riding the little Yamaha 125 Breeze and they somehow completely destroyed the transmission. Still runs like a top but won't go...just grinds and pops and it's definitely not the sprockets because they're not even moving. Could be the clutch but I'm seriously doubting it. As you know the G8 stopped running last week and I haven't even had a chance to tear into that yet. Oh well I guess I still have my health and my family. I tore down my 650 last night and I am going to meet a guy that might have a used radiator and fan that will fit. It's out of Kaw Brute Force 750. We have a huge snow storm approaching and my ATV won't plow snow in the state that its in so I guess my son will have to break out the shovel. Well I hope everybody has a great New Year. I'm heading to my brother-in-law's house. It's always a nice size party there. Happy New Year again.

Oh and I'm pretty sure my pool has a leak cause I've already had to add alot of water to it under the cover.