Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

thecurti 02-21-2014 10:07 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 989279)
Yes, 55watt. Like I said, I used that plastidip on them. We'll see how durable that stuff is. They have 3 coats.

Got the front cowl done last night. Two coats of primer, two coats of black, and two coats of clear with metal flake. Should pop in the sun!

Finishing the rear fender flares and starting primer this afternoon.

That looks good:thumbup:

Mr. Mike 02-21-2014 10:36 AM

I was looking at this lift kit from one of the site sponsors - Jasonsgolfcarts.com. For $207 I can get a 6" lift kit for my G8 but it says 1995-2002. Is there a difference between my 1990 and a 1995 G8? Would this work for my cart? And how good is it?

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Yamah...p/lift-002.htm

Jim - thats looks cool...I like it!

thoffman2000 02-21-2014 11:11 AM

Thanks guys for all the input! I'm gathering missing pieces to put my stock air box back together. Think I've found everything I need there. What I don't know is jets for the carb. I'm not a carb guy, never have been. I don't know what has been replaced in there and what hasn't. Looking at "Jets", I find a couple things..

Yamaha 3G2-1423E-42-00 JET, MAIN (#106.3)
Yamaha 620-14142-72-00 JET, PILOT (#72.5)

Parts diagrams also show a "high altitude" option here. To return this carb to stock, do I need to replace both these jets? Am I in the right place? What else could/would be changed in this carb when the stock air box was removed? Would I be better off just replacing the whole carb with an "assembly"?

Yamaha J38-14101-02-00 CARBURETOR ASSY 1

This OEM Carb assembly is $200+ but there's loads of carbs on EBay in the $65 range.

Suggestions?
Thanks!
Todd

stuff4mason 02-21-2014 11:52 AM

Thanks guys!

I know what you mean Todd. Carbs are a pain in the azz...Thing is, you have no idea what shape those carbs on ebay will be. You might end up with one in worst shape than yours. Just never know. These are easy carbs to work on though. Very simple - compared to the nightmare carb on this freaking Polaris 500...

I'd suggest to just buy a full rebuild kit (Yamaha OEM) and rebuild your carb. Be a lot cheaper too.

stuff4mason 02-21-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike (Post 989307)
I was looking at this lift kit from one of the site sponsors - Jasonsgolfcarts.com. For $207 I can get a 6" lift kit for my G8 but it says 1995-2002. Is there a difference between my 1990 and a 1995 G8? Would this work for my cart? And how good is it?

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Yamah...p/lift-002.htm

Jim - thats looks cool...I like it!

Mike - $207 for a Jakes look-a-like - that's pretty cheap! Rhox - Don't know too much about their lift kits, but its identical to the Jakes - at least in what parts come with the kit. Yes, that should fit your cart fine. I'm guessing that its identical in dimensions as the Jakes.

stuff4mason 02-21-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 989296)
WHat does it need? nothing

What do I want.....
*Another motor, clone or cycle engine
*either weld up my rear to be posi, Get a G16 rear with the plowmans posi kit
*Long travel front end
*Bigger rims and tires
*Roll bar
*convert to 4x4
*Fix my broken cowl
etc etc

Think I'll just have to settle for a windshield and some lights (one of mine is broken)

How much can you pick up a windshield for Curt?

thoffman2000 02-21-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 989325)
Thanks guys!

I know what you mean Todd. Carbs are a pain in the azz...Thing is, you have no idea what shape those carbs on ebay will be. You might end up with one in worst shape than yours. Just never know. These are easy carbs to work on though. Very simple - compared to the nightmare carb on this freaking Polaris 500...

I'd suggest to just buy a full rebuild kit (Yamaha OEM) and rebuild your carb. Be a lot cheaper too.

Here's an example of what's on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Golf-...-/170785565670

Listed as "New" but not "OEM". $65 is tempting.

thecurti 02-21-2014 12:38 PM

M&M that's pretty cheap and looks similar to the Jakes kit. No idea of the quality.
Hoff, what kind of Carb / running issue are you having?

Jim, No idea, never checked. A friend has one. I may just cut to fit

thoffman2000 02-21-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 989337)
Hoff, what kind of Carb / running issue are you having?

Cart is running now, basically without issue. Someone before me removed the stock air box in favor of a small motorcycle style filter. I don't much trust the filtration of this filter in a dusty environment. I use this cart around area dirt tracks. When I bought the cart, engine ran but smoked like a banshee. The rings were shot, I'm guessing from sucking in dirt for several years. Now I have a freshly rebuilt (1 year ago) engine and I don't want that happening again. So, my plan is to put air box and carb all back to stock configuration.
Todd

stuff4mason 02-21-2014 01:05 PM

$65.00 for new? Worth the shot! Just remember, that looks to be a china made knock off, versus your Japanese oem carb. You may end up with more troubles, but then again, it might work for a while! Go ahead and get it, and let us know how it works!