Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

CajunLoneWolf 06-24-2015 08:58 PM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Maybe I could start working on her again. I should have some things to do that dont cost money lol. Last time I ran her she was going faster in reverse than in forward so I will have to rebuild the carb again or atleast soak it. Then check the clutch.

Mike Mac 06-24-2015 09:30 PM

Sorry ta heaar Caj!! Start looking for electical work!!:thumbup:

CajunLoneWolf 06-24-2015 10:03 PM

Oh I am brother. I have to just find something temporary until Oct or Nov

Mike Mac 06-24-2015 10:24 PM

Get it out and start looking at it!!

CajunLoneWolf 06-25-2015 07:48 PM

OK played around with the carb this morning. Put her in neutral and ran it full throttle. the rpms seem to be pulsing on it (running rough almost like not getting fuel). I have a brand new fuel pump on it and its installed correctly soooo is there adjustments on the carb for air/fuel ratio??? I figure just as soon start there :D

G1-G9 06-25-2015 09:10 PM

if you want i can send you a carb. i might have an extra one laying around or even a fuel pump also. do the G8s have the same igniter as the G9? if so i have a couple of those also.

CajunLoneWolf 06-25-2015 09:57 PM

The carb was rebuilt about a month before I took a break from it. Its a new fuel pump on it. I installed it yesterday. Im wondering maybe if the pulsing might be an air leak. Let me try and see if I can trouble shoot it before swapping parts. I need to figure out this pulsing and then test run it and see if it still does that whole running better in reverse versus foward.

CajunLoneWolf 06-25-2015 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a pic for Curt so he stops staring at Cali's belly lmao

Mike Mac 06-25-2015 10:14 PM

Caj, the fuel in the float bowl should run the car for a half mile. So fuel pump will not be a problem yet.

Is the gas fresh? And is the airfilter sealed?

Also are grounds tight and any other electrical connection? Is there a posability a clutch weight is bad.

CajunLoneWolf 06-25-2015 10:38 PM

I just put the clutch cover back on. I had checked the weights and they were all good. checked to make sure they wernt broken or stuck. It may be the air box. I have 2 broken tabs. I used zip ties to replace them but it still might not have a good seal. Imma check that and the grounds out tomorrow. I just dont see where the grounds would cause the rpms to fluctuate like that. I may shoot a video tomorrrow so yall can see what Im trying to explain.