Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

stuff4mason 08-21-2019 07:35 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cary (Post 1645994)
Hi to all. It has been a long time since i posted but i need a little information. I overloaded my G8 bed and broke my shocks. Does anyone know the length and bolt hole size for G14 rear shocks? I found them a lot cheaper than a G8 and more plentiful. I am trying to figure out what would need modification to use them.

You need to find G8 shocks. The ends of them are angled as they mount to the axle. You might be able to put other shocks on, but it will wear out the eyelet's pretty quick, if they would go on.

cary 08-21-2019 12:51 PM

I thought about the angle problem, but my cart is raised 3.5 inches. I can remake the shock extension angle and bolt size of the extension.

ddstiriz 08-26-2019 10:06 PM

Good evening, I think I did done fked up. I put in some headlights today and after doing so my G8 will not start. I dont hear any clicks or anything. I ran the ground from the battery to the switch and then each light. I dont even know where to start

ddstiriz 08-26-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoffman2000 (Post 1644326)
The long, all the way across bumper is stock G8. The shorter one is G14-G16. Most who have done a G14-G16 front cowl swap have also swapped the bumper. Mounts are the same so it bolts right on.

The gray cart on the left of my profile pic is a G8 with a G14-G16 front cowl and bumper swap.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I couldn't imagine the people who I bought my cart from doing any kind of front cowl swap ok it as they were an older couple. Is there another way to verify the front cowl is a g16 cowl, also, if it is can I buy a set of headlights for the front cowl that will fit even though there are not currently holes?

ddstiriz 08-26-2019 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 191285

thoffman2000 08-27-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddstiriz (Post 1648168)
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I couldn't imagine the people who I bought my cart from doing any kind of front cowl swap ok it as they were an older couple. Is there another way to verify the front cowl is a g16 cowl, also, if it is can I buy a set of headlights for the front cowl that will fit even though there are not currently holes?

Start with the serial # to identify the cart. G8 begins with JF3-, G14 begins with JN4, G16 begins with JN8.

https://www.golfcartgarage.com/what-...aha-golf-cart/

ddstiriz 08-27-2019 09:40 AM

The serial number is jf2 which would be a g8 however it has the short front bumper

thoffman2000 08-27-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddstiriz (Post 1648283)
The serial number is jf2 which would be a g8 however it has the short front bumper

Yup, my bad... I posted the "electric" models instead of gas. JF2 is G8, looks like a complete body swap to me as it also appears to have the black plastic "NO STEP" pads on the rear fenders.

Got a pic of the dash? Other pics?

ddstiriz 08-28-2019 02:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more. Thanks for all the help. I figured out why it wouldn't run, when I pulled the dash out it pulled a wire from the ignition switch. I dont have pockets of the dash however there are I believe 5 beer holders.

If this is a complete body swap does that mean my rear g16 seat should bolt right up with out mods or not?

Dipstick56 09-16-2019 01:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Joined the G8 owners club this weekend. We found this cart but did not know what model it was until we got it home and did some research. It is a1991. Stay tuned for some mods 8) I am not really liking the ad on headlights but those can be changed!
:help::help: