Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

Mr. Mike 04-04-2013 02:29 PM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

No posts in a while? What's up?

I got a quick question.

Has anybody ever installed a Jake's 6" lift plus the 4" economy lift for a total of 10"?

Just a thought. I'd love to see what it would look like.

stuff4mason 04-04-2013 04:11 PM

Mike, mine has the Jakes 6". I have built brackets on top of the Jakes lift that are approximately 4" tall. Essentially, the same as what your asking. To be honest, I'd say it's a little too tall. Not easy to get in and out of. In fact, my dog now refuses to jump up into the cart, thus having to get out, pick her up and get back on the cart!!! I'd stick with just the 6" lift if I were to do it again. Besides, then you need the wheel spacers (at least 2") to make it safe.

Mike Mac 04-04-2013 07:39 PM

Pres, where are you on your fender flares? You had alot of ideas floating around!

stuff4mason 04-04-2013 09:37 PM

There you are Mike! Was wondering what happened to you!

Fender flares are almost done! It's a very slow process of fabrication. I had to get to a stopping point today, as we are taking the cart down to the lake this weekend. I'll finish them up when we return next week and post pics.

Mike Mac 04-04-2013 11:00 PM

I'm up in the woods again working on that deck. No wifi here so its back to this old phone again.

Mr. Mike 04-05-2013 07:16 AM

Pres your still running the stock motor with little mods and it turns them big tires ok?

stuff4mason 04-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mike (Post 863067)
Pres your still running the stock motor with little mods and it turns them big tires ok?

Yes sir. I do have the heavy spring in, which gives it tons of low end. The cart does 22 per GPS on flats, just last week. That's plenty fast enough for me and the kids who drive it too! :thumbup:

thecurti 04-05-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 863101)
Yes sir. I do have the heavy spring in, which gives it tons of low end. The cart does 22 per GPS on flats, just last week. That's plenty fast enough for me and the kids who drive it too! :thumbup:

The kids that crash it ?:shock:

stuff4mason 04-05-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 863104)
The kids that crash it ?:shock:

No, No, NO!!! Those kids are banned from anything with Wheels around my house!! (They claim us as parents, but we aren't! ) :roll::lhmo::wink:

So far (knock on wood) the worst my kids have done (lately) is shot up my cargo trailer...Yes, they got in BIG Trouble!

G1-G9 04-05-2013 11:49 AM

I dont know if we will stopping at your place on the way down south if my crap is going to get shot up.:thumbdown::mrgreen: