Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha G8 Club - Please post! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=49288)

stuff4mason 06-07-2011 08:04 AM

Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

3 Attachment(s)
OK you G8 fans. Since us G8 guys keep hijacking other posts, (bad bad people) :roll: , I figured lets start our own G8 Owners Club post!

This post is welcome to ALL G8 owners, (since there isn't very many of us out here!!!)

I'll start this show!

Here is my 1991 G8 latest pics. WARNING! These are DIRTY pictures. Please do not show under aged or over aged people these pics, without first letting them know, I didn't wash it before taking the pictures! :shock:

I've now added a Jakes lift, cup holders/arm rests, fishing rod holders, and the Jakes heavy duty shocks/springs to my car. The third picture is another stupid project I am currently working on for my little boy. (I hate this thing!)

OK, come on guys, lets see em all in one post!

Mike Mac 06-07-2011 08:53 AM

Re: Yamaha G8 Club - Please post!

Ok, then I'm #2 and everybody's seen my car (and it's still clean!), so I'm not posting any pictures!!

And Yes, I'd hate that thing too! I hated those things in the dunes!!!

thecurti 06-07-2011 09:21 AM

I'll be #3 then, dang it.
That Cart looks pretty Clean to me.
Since you guys give me a hard time about liking the mud, here's a tame, recent shot
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...bytheRiver.jpg

stuff4mason 06-07-2011 12:46 PM

Aww Curti, I thought you'd post the muddy pics, that way mine really does look clean!!!

CajunLoneWolf 06-07-2011 08:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I guess I'll be #4 lmao where was the warning or the pm saying hey guys I'm gonna start a new thread lol. Well here is my 1992 G8. Masons may be dirty but mine is stripped all the way down to her necessities hehehe. With these guys help she will be a real looker when me and my son are finished :thumbup:

CajunLoneWolf 06-07-2011 08:25 PM

Oh and I just ordered the crankshaft seals, crankcase gasket, motor mounts front and rear and the brushes for the starter.Cashing in the brownie points this weekend ughhhhhhhh. Now who can I find to loan me that clutch tool hmmmmm:shock:

stuff4mason 06-07-2011 08:38 PM

Clutch tool? What clutch tool? Don't need any stinking clutch tool!

By the way Cajun, that engine looks VERY clean!

stuff4mason 06-07-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 575733)
I'll be #3 then, dang it.
That Cart looks pretty Clean to me.
Since you guys give me a hard time about liking the mud, here's a tame, recent shot
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...bytheRiver.jpg

Curti, do you ever get down to SML?

CajunLoneWolf 06-07-2011 08:46 PM

Don't I need to remove the primary clutch to replace the crankshaft seal on that side????? Maybe I read the destructions wrong hmmmmmmmm:roll:

stuff4mason 06-07-2011 08:53 PM

Oh, I am following you now....sorry. But, the clutch will come off without a tool. Just put a pair of vice grips (gently) on the shaft, hold and loosen the bolt. Mine wasn't very tight and came right off.

CajunLoneWolf 06-07-2011 08:56 PM

Thanks bro with the whole loan a tool program and everyone asking about the clutch puller I thought for sure I was gonna have to break out the torch on that 19 year old clutch lol:-P

thecurti 06-08-2011 10:26 AM

I have been to SML a few times, but not since I had to sell my Baby (the boat that is)
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...urti/Curti.jpg

I sold this Club Car, I built, to a guy out that way somewhere
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...623090659a.jpg

CajunLoneWolf 06-08-2011 01:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow Curti nice boat and cart I would have had trouble letting go of either of them :thumbup:

Mason your idea worked great!!!!!! Vice grips and an impact and the clutch came right off. I just pulled the motor out of the cart. I got the starter off so I can change the brushes. While its out the seals will be changed and I will give the whole thing a once over. Looking at the crank case side it's covered in oil so the seals need to be swapped. OK so honey do's Saturday cart on Sunday :mrgreen: Oh and the clutch looks to be brand new I think I got lucky and they changed it right before I got it. The weights are still shiny :-P

stuff4mason 06-08-2011 04:15 PM

Cajun, While you got the motor out, if it were me, I'd take EVERYTHING off the frame, pressure wash the sh*t out of it, inspect all joints, etc. for good welds, throw a bead of weld where needed, then prime and repaint the whole thing.

Now that I got mine all back together, I wished I had done this. Besides, it gives you the chance to check everything you take apart, and put back together again, to make sure everything is good. I know its a pain, but I think totally worth the effort!

Glad your clutch came off easy! I really enjoyed working on that peice. Be sure not to breath in that black dust in the starter/generator, its nasty stuff!

stuff4mason 06-08-2011 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 576237)
I have been to SML a few times, but not since I had to sell my Baby (the boat that is)
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...urti/Curti.jpg

I sold this Club Car, I built, to a guy out that way somewhere
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...623090659a.jpg

Dang that boat looks familiar. When did you sell it? I sorta have this feeling I ran with that boat once or twice down the lake! (maybe at Anna??) VERY nice boat man. What motor did you have in there? I hate to ask this, but why did you get rid of it?

Here's mine. 23'5 Caravelle Interceptor

thecurti 06-08-2011 04:55 PM

I got rid of it Nov. 09
I did a few poker runs at SML and Anna is the closest lake to my house. My home lake was Buggs, used to have a camper there(My dad has property there.
I loved that boat. Sunsation 288 with the Merc 500efi
Gas hit $4 a gallon, Boat payment, insurance and upkeep. Also Got married and bought a house. I plan on another boat, but just broke ground on my garage today
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...tjacks-1-1.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...i/500efi-1.jpg

stuff4mason 06-08-2011 05:20 PM

Sweet. Yea, I bet we did run at some point! What was her top speed?

CajunLoneWolf 06-08-2011 06:02 PM

That is the agenda Mason. I also will be painting all the plastic cowls that I took off the motor and will acid and pressure wash the head and block. Might titey up the wiring in the engine compartment too :thumbup:

stuff4mason 06-08-2011 07:25 PM

:mrgreen::thumbup:

smallblock450sl 06-08-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 576288)
Wow Curti nice boat and cart I would have had trouble letting go of either of them :thumbup:

Mason your idea worked great!!!!!! Vice grips and an impact and the clutch came right off. I just pulled the motor out of the cart. I got the starter off so I can change the brushes. While its out the seals will be changed and I will give the whole thing a once over. Looking at the crank case side it's covered in oil so the seals need to be swapped. OK so honey do's Saturday cart on Sunday :mrgreen: Oh and the clutch looks to be brand new I think I got lucky and they changed it right before I got it. The weights are still shiny :-P

While you have it apart, would be a good idea to remove the side case and change the case gasket. Yes it looks like it's comeing from the crank seal, but a "blown" case gasket can give the same oil covered look and are more often the problem. Cheap insurance.

CajunLoneWolf 06-08-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 576431)
While you have it apart, would be a good idea to remove the side case and change the case gasket. Yes it looks like it's comeing from the crank seal, but a "blown" case gasket can give the same oil covered look and are more often the problem. Cheap insurance.

Good idea smallblock I was gonna pull it off to make sure the internals looked good. I'm ordering that gasket plus the exaust, carb and head cover just incase:thumbup:

Mike Mac 06-09-2011 12:21 AM

Curti, you get a new car? Where's the mud?:lhmo:

thecurti 06-09-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 576372)
Sweet. Yea, I bet we did run at some point! What was her top speed?

Best I saw was 78
It ran better in chop than smooth water

thecurti 06-09-2011 08:03 AM

Cajun , Keep us updated , with pics if you can

Mike, I only have old muddy pics, maybe I'll get some fresh ones soon:blob:

stuff4mason 06-09-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecurti (Post 576588)
Best I saw was 78
It ran better in chop than smooth water

78 eh? Nice! Yea, that's where you guys left me in the dust, was in choppy water. Flat water, I can run 68-69 all day long, but as soon as it gets rough, my boats flying out of the water and out of control! Its fun, but boy dangerous with her trimmed half way up!

thecurti 06-09-2011 12:24 PM

Agreed! trimmed up can get squirrely quick. 78 was trimmed up and no trim tab. Vey consistant 75mph boat after spark arrestor and labbed prop.
My current boat is a 12" Jon, I'm the fastest on my pond :lhmo:

stuff4mason 06-09-2011 04:20 PM

:cry: But...But...no one to race with either!!!! However, I bet it gets GREAT gas milage!!

smallblock450sl 06-09-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunLoneWolf (Post 576440)
Good idea smallblock I was gonna pull it off to make sure the internals looked good. I'm ordering that gasket plus the exaust, carb and head cover just incase:thumbup:

If your ordering an aftermarket case gasket, make shure there is a "sealent" on the gasket between the upper 2 bolts (just forward of the dipstick), that's were they useually "blow out". Good luck:thumbup:

smallblock450sl 06-09-2011 07:40 PM

I'm in the club! Wilson is a G8. I think I've forced enough pic's of it, so none here. Viva G8's:thumbup:

justin146 06-09-2011 07:56 PM

Here's mine :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...-18-44_132.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...-18-01_282.jpg

CajunLoneWolf 06-09-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallblock450sl (Post 576904)
If your ordering an aftermarket case gasket, make shure there is a "sealent" on the gasket between the upper 2 bolts (just forward of the dipstick), that's were they useually "blow out". Good luck:thumbup:

will do bro after pulling mine off that is exactly where it was busted so just any gasket sealant will work or do you recommend one. Good looking out smallblock I appreciate it:thumbup:

stuff4mason 06-09-2011 09:23 PM

Justin, sweet! Looks like you got the lift on! That looks great! What did you do about your broken shock?

Small, I almost forgot about Wilson!!

justin146 06-09-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuff4mason (Post 576958)
Justin, sweet! Looks like you got the lift on! That looks great! What did you do about your broken shock?

Small, I almost forgot about Wilson!!

Air shocks! I found some at Autozone that went in without using the lift bracket. They took about 10 minutes to install too.

Mike Mac 06-09-2011 09:30 PM

OK, that's 6. I only know of a couple more. If they care to join!

CajunLoneWolf 06-09-2011 09:31 PM

Sweet looking ride Justin welcome to the G8 club :mrgreen:

CajunLoneWolf 06-09-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mac (Post 576963)
OK, that's 6. I only know of a couple more. If they care to join!

There's gotta be more and they just don't want to boast about it :lhmo:

stuff4mason 06-09-2011 10:20 PM

Wow! How did our post get 5 stars already? Sweet!

Mike Mac 06-09-2011 10:57 PM

Justin, nice car! And welcome to the club!!

Also, what does 5 stars mean?

CajunLoneWolf 06-10-2011 05:18 AM

Lmao Mason I rated it 5 stars. The little rating thing is under thread tools :mrgreen:

Hey Justin what's the make and model of those air shocks. I was gonna grab some on eBay but beings that you have already test fit them why go through the trial and error of buying the wrong stuff:thumbup:

CajunLoneWolf 06-10-2011 05:20 AM

Akkk correction the ratings has its own category next to thread tools :P