Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gasoline in oil (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=2235)

sleg24 11-04-2007 08:52 PM

Gasoline in oil

I need help on finding out whats wrong with my 1995 gas club car. I just aquired this cart a couple weeks ago and have come to find that after a short run there is gas coming out of the dip stick resevoir. Initially it seemed to be getting too much gas in the carb and flooding out. Is this just a bad carb or a bad top end?? Please help!!

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 11-04-2007 08:55 PM

Re: Gasoline in oil

You'll need to check the air intake box and air filter to see if there is any type of buildup of dirt or anything in there. Club Car does not use a mechanical choke, so we know that's not sticking.

Check the compression of the engine. Being a 1995, it shouldn't be low on compression.

It's possible that the diaphragm in your fuel pump is bad and allowing fuel to drain back into the engine block through the vacuum line. :wink:

Hope this helps!

sleg24 11-04-2007 09:06 PM

I have checked the compression and its at 130.?? Dont know if this is good or not. Have noticed that a line coming out of the carb is always leaking gas, maybe an overflow line?
Ill recheck the air intake box for anything out of the ordinary.
And how does the choke operate? Ive noticed the choke below the seat.
Thanks for the help!

phasetim 11-04-2007 11:22 PM

Quote:

It's possible that the diaphragm in your fuel pump is bad and allowing fuel to drain back into the engine block through the vacuum line.

I love it when that happens.... LOL

crash12888 11-05-2007 04:06 AM

How about the needle and seat in the carb? Check it for sticking or trash holding it open. That would be the first thing I checked.

NetMXer 11-06-2007 05:51 PM

I wouldn't expect any carb problem to cause gasoline to get into the oil tank. The only way that would happen is if fuel is getting past the valve seals and into the valve cover or past the rings and getting into the bottom end.

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the Club Cart motors so my opinion may be way off but is based on many years of motorcycle service.

BigBlockMan 11-06-2007 10:35 PM

I think you'll find trash in the needle and seat in carb. float overflows dripping gas into intake through valves through rings into oil. Do a oil change and clean carb, Make sure needle is sealing. Pretty common problem.

sleg24 11-07-2007 10:34 PM

Thanks for all the help, I cleaned the carb and the fuel pump which has fixed my problem. Thanks again.

bp0088 11-08-2007 09:01 PM

same happened to my 96cc carryall. cleaned carb, ran fine. went back to camp 1 week later, more gas in oil , replaced bad fuel line from filter to carb, no problems, anymore....