Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=97696)

BBBHC 08-23-2020 04:45 AM

Re: MCOR / Pedal Assembly Confusion Explained

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast900 (Post 1752958)
With the Throttle Sensor conversion kit for the 09 precedent is the MCOR a 2 or 3?

This site sponsor will be able to tell you what you need. You won't find better customer service either. http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/. Email or call him, he will get you taken care of.

Timinator 09-05-2020 02:36 PM

Well, I just had to order my 2nd MCOR4 after the conversion. They just don't last very long. Mexico, China, Alaska, they all fail after a couple of years. I use my cart daily, so I may be an extreme case, but it is what it is.

Timinator 09-17-2020 02:04 PM

So, I just replaced an MCOR4 from Mexico with one from China. That fixed all the dead spots and jumpy on/off stuff. I took the old one/Mexico apart and didn't see too much to them. I wiped it out pushed the tongs up a bit to make better contact. Cleaned the contacts and it seems to run smooth now on a Volt meter. If the Mexico one fails, I'll throw this one back on and see what happens.

Jd102892 10-31-2020 11:59 AM

I know this is an old post but I just purchased a 2009 precedent cheap because of the TPS issue. This is the cart serial# Ph0903-994095 can somebody please help me with a part number or conversion kit to swap it over to MCOR, any help would be much appreciated! Happy Halloween!

BBBHC 11-01-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jd102892 (Post 1776411)
I know this is an old post but I just purchased a 2009 precedent cheap because of the TPS issue. This is the cart serial# Ph0903-994095 can somebody please help me with a part number or conversion kit to swap it over to MCOR, any help would be much appreciated! Happy Halloween!

I would recommend contacting Dave at: http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/. He is the original poster of this thread and site sponsor. He will be able to get you the correct MCOR for your cart and his customer service is second to none.

TahoeDawgZ71 11-04-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jd102892 (Post 1776411)

We can definitely help you with this.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit

MYCART8A4RE 03-16-2021 08:26 PM

Yup, bringin' it back, lol...:lol:
I wonder if there is a way to weather proof these when new to keep from replacing them so often. I assume location and storage of the cart play a big role in the longevity? I'm located in Fl and I'm on my 3rd MCOR in 2.5yrs of ownership (2016 CC precedent). I purchased mine refurbished and built custom order in Dec of 2018. This forum, the members and the sponsors have been a huge help just to note! I do the usual pedal pump before taking the cart out and that lasts for quite a while until I get to where I need to pull off to the side more often while out for a cruise to pump the pedal again, and that's when I order a new one. I order the Mexico model everytime but it eventually fails again. My cart is stored under my carport always and I use a golf cart cover as well about 50% of the year. I use the cart year round. It sees the least use in the winter but still gets used just about every day. Only mentioning all of this to see if we can make an assessment on location, storage and use in terms of life of the MCOR. Maybe we can come up with a weather proofing type option? A sealant or similar that will keep the moisture/humidity out of the unit? They are relatively cheap and easy to replace but we all have to agree that they should last longer than they do. Any thoughts?

b1pig 06-04-2021 04:30 PM

Ok, folks. ... David.... anyone...

I ordered the suggested part that was recommended. Installed as suggested.

Cart will creep forward (or backwards if in reverse) an inch or so, then stops. When the pedal is pressed, I can hear a relay clicking sound at the rear of the cart, and then a second or so later, the same relay clicking (or unclicking depending on your association) sound and movement ceases.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries. Flipping the Run/Tow switch to each position a few times... I've even offered it wine and crab cakes, but no cooperation.

Anyone else?

Oh yea.
Fully charged.

Not going to delete the post, leaving it for educational purposes for the masses....

David (who happens to be a pretty dang good source of info... and parts) called me back (after hours). My pedal issue seems to be resolved, but I may now also be facing a secondary issues with brushes.

Yay, me. :thumbdown:

David, thanks for the quick response.

expoman55 02-01-2022 11:47 AM

Hello I have an 06 cart.. when it sits a while i sometimes have to press pedal and release and press again to get it to move. Kinda a kick to wake it up so to speak. Is this a MCOR issue? Any thoughts?

MYCART8A4RE 02-01-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expoman55 (Post 1873401)
Hello I have an 06 cart.. when it sits a while i sometimes have to press pedal and release and press again to get it to move. Kinda a kick to wake it up so to speak. Is this a MCOR issue? Any thoughts?

Before turning the key on press and release the go pedal several times rapidly. Then turn on the key and go. If this works for you it is your MCOR. They're are other possible scenarios for your problem but this is an easy place to start.

expoman55 02-02-2022 08:41 AM

Thank you MyCart84 .. btw most impressive looking cart you have..

MYCART8A4RE 02-02-2022 11:32 AM

Anytime, and I appreciate that! Hopefully it's just your Mcor, it's a relatively easy swap out if you haven't done one already. There are a few YT vids on the procedure. Keep us posted

GeeSnow 02-04-2022 12:51 PM

Hello all. Can anyone tell me how the bar is supposed to attach to the other end? I removed the MCOR, amd the bar slid. I didn't notice how it attached. TIA.

Chemko 02-21-2022 07:32 PM

I have a 99 DS with pot box, I was told it was bad so I purchased the 293201 kit
And I plugged it in first to test it before I installed it and it only spins the rear tires slowly however sometimes while playing with pedal it spins real fast. I checked all connections and they seem fine. Any Ideas

Chemko 02-21-2022 07:33 PM

The instructions show how it fits.
Did you not get them?

djknightr 05-16-2022 08:31 PM

Ok I just finished reading all 18 pages and I still seem to be somewhat confused. I have an 08 Precedent with pedal group 1, but no packing brake left and some sticky pedals and am looking at possibly just upgrading to a pedal group 2 to take care of all the little issues at once. Can I use my MCOR2 with the new group 2 pedal setup? Would I need any conversion kit to do it? I keep seeing conflicting info.
From page 1
“ Generation 2 Pedal Assembly - Can be used with MCOR2, MCOR3, or MCOR4. If you currently have an MCOR2 that needs to be replaced, you have the option of replacing it with another MCOR2 or ordering the MCOR4 conversion kit. Either way works.”
And from revolution carts site
“ This pedal assembly is a direct fit for ANY YEAR Club Car Precedent. If you have a Gen 1 pedal assembly, this is a direct replacement. Buyers with a Gen1 pedal assembly must also purchase the AM293001 - MCOR4 conversion kit from our store. The MCOR2 that is on your existing pedal assembly will not fit on the Gen 2 assembly.”
Thanks

RegCamps 05-17-2022 07:22 PM

What are the options for a 1995 that has modle number starting with a9515? AM293201 says it has to be a9517 or higher.

Tom47 05-18-2022 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegCamps (Post 1889914)
What are the options for a 1995 that has modle number starting with a9515? AM293201 says it has to be a9517 or higher.

Contact David Hicks,https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...1531684222.jpg for options that may be available. You may need to go to an electronic foot pedal which is available from Scotty B, https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ads/...1357642551.png

sreno155 12-11-2022 09:44 AM

I have an 09 Precedent and I do have an adapter for the MCOR 2. Does mine have the 461 ohm resistors in the adaptor? I also see that one can order the adaptor kit, enabling one to install an MCOR 4. Is the MCOR 4 better than the MCOR 2?

Ribido 06-28-2023 03:19 PM

After reading through this whole thread I think I'm at the early stages of MCOR failure. The cart is a bit slow but I think that's mostly from 3 year old flooded batteries that went unused for a while. However I noticed some surging, particularly going up hills but getting worse over the days. I tried pumping the pedal 20x and sure enough it went away. I'd like to get ahead of the problem and just get the new MCOR ordered.

The cart is a 2020 CC Tempo 2+2 48v. I'm pretty sure that equates to an MCOR4. I saw the link to RGC so I plan on going through them, just looking for confirmation that this sounds correct.

MYCART8A4RE 06-28-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribido (Post 1945676)
After reading through this whole thread I think I'm at the early stages of MCOR failure. The cart is a bit slow but I think that's mostly from 3 year old flooded batteries that went unused for a while. However I noticed some surging, particularly going up hills but getting worse over the days. I tried pumping the pedal 20x and sure enough it went away. I'd like to get ahead of the problem and just get the new MCOR ordered.

The cart is a 2020 CC Tempo 2+2 48v. I'm pretty sure that equates to an MCOR4. I saw the link to RGC so I plan on going through them, just looking for confirmation that this sounds correct.

If you pumped the gas pedal and the surging disappeared, it sounds most definitely like a failing MCOR. Back when mine had failed, it would feel like a hesitation here and there when I was at wide open throttle. Little blips of power loss instead of steady cruising.The problem would progressively worsen as time went on. Pumping the pedal buys you time (as you have obviously read) until you get your replacement MCOR.

Ksher84 07-25-2023 04:31 PM

Hello,
I am at the end of my 96 pot box to MCOR4 conversion and I'm stuck at the wiring
I have kit AM293201.

Issue is the green/white and the blue wires. At the beginning of the process, it had me unhook the green/white wire from quick disconnect terminal on the cart frame (female plug end) and cut the blue wire at the pot.

Now at the end of the process, instructions show an image of connecting the green/white and blue wires from the conversion harness (both flat male ends) to open plugs on the vehicle harness. I cannot find open female connections on the vehicle harness that align with this. Conversion harness also has a bullet connector end on it for the blue wire that is open.

Do I:
- swap out the end of the green/white wire for a female end and put it back where the original was quick disconnect?
- put a bullet connection on the cut blue wire and connect it there
-- the blue wire has 2 open connections on the conversion harness, but from what I am understanding only one of them needs to be hooked up and the other is to be taped off

I tried searching this but most of the info returning is regarding the v-glide not the potbox

Edit: added a flat female qd connection to the green/white and put it back where it originally came from and it seems to run fine. Blue was connected at the bullet end to the cut wire. voltage was low on the cart so I didn't take it very far

Scooter1960 07-30-2023 09:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just purchased 2 new carts as a package deal…. (new to me)….2009 Precedent (Excel) and 2020 Onward. I had an MCOR problem on my old 04 Precedent which this forum helped me diagnose and fix!!!! Onward looks and runs great but have a couple issues (hopefully small) with the 09. Looks and runs well but has a rear end whine which I am in the process of trying to diagnose.
Other issue with the 09 is that I checked today and it still has a TPS on it (based on attached picture). Having read thru this MCOR Thread, I am wondering if I should go ahead and replace or just wait for failure of the TPS? TahoeDawg recommends replacement even if no current symptoms (mine has no hesitation or slow speed or intermittent NO GO as is indicative of bad MCOR). I’m tempted to just wait until it starts having issues (only run it in a golf course community where we live and on our community golf course). Right now it has speed code 4 with 1 year old batteries and will hold a speed of 19-20mph. Anyway, sorry for the rambling but, wanted to post a picture of what I believe is the TPS and have someone confirm for me that’s what is in this cart. Will post more on my whining noise later but have not been able to figure out how to post video (plus whine in video seems quieter than what my ears are hearing out on the road……of course….lol).
Can anyone verify the picture is of a TPS? Thanks in advance. PS……decided to post a couple pics of my new babies as well.
Attachment 238540

Attachment 238541

Attachment 238542

Bassdeer 08-17-2023 05:43 PM

I pretty sure my MCOR is going, Looks like I need the MCOR2, 2008 Gas Precedent Gen 1. do they even make an OEM of this anymore?

GoGoCarts 09-30-2023 11:53 AM

I've had numerous questions about this very same thing in my shop. Great write up.

dvrice 11-27-2023 12:17 PM

I have a 2009 Club Car Precedent (PH0930). Looks like I do have the TPC conversion adapter and definitely have a MCOR2.

My cart started acting funny. Often doesn't take off when I press the pedal quickly, but if I let back off then press the pedal very slow it takes off. Once it takes off it seems to have normal speed and power.

I read troubleshooting threads and thought this was likely an MCOR issue. I ordered a new MCOR 2 and replaced it but the cart appears to still be doing the same thing.

Could this be a problem with the MCOR TPS adapter going bad? If not, what else should I check?

Thank you

InvalidUsername 11-29-2023 07:11 PM

This is great info. Answered my question and quickly let me know what I need to do. Thanks for taking the time to document it.

dvrice 12-14-2023 05:24 PM

My cart is a 2009 IQ with TPS conversion and MCOR 2. It has the classic MCOR symptom of moving when I take off very, very slowly but if I push the pedal too fast it just stops. Once it is moving it will go full speed with normal power on hills and such.

I replaced the MCOR 2 and it still acts exactly the same. Someone suggested motor brushes going bad, so I just swapped out the motor. Still acts exactly the same.

Amy’s ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

rose88 02-18-2024 11:03 AM

I have several 2019 Tempos 48v and they will jerk buck and jump and sometimes even drag the LR wheel and finally it will release but I can tell it's straining. Would this be a MCOR?

Also have a 2018 48v Making a whining noise but runs fine?