Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Columbia mystery cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=104701)

sportcoupe 04-11-2015 09:31 AM

Columbia mystery cart

4 Attachment(s)
I know this is CC forum and we do have a Columbia forum but no one goes often.

Columbia is close to Club Car I believe so I ask CC experts. Has anyone seen a Columbia cart like this one? All I can tell is it has a "newer style" steering wheel.

A google image search turned up no carts looking like this.

Seller description states:
"Columbia Electric Golf Cart it has a hood that opens in front. It has a built in cooler in the back. It has head lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signals, seat belts, forward and reverse on the dash, charger and more."

sportcoupe 04-11-2015 09:33 AM

Re: Columbia mystery cart

4 Attachment(s)
A few more pictures.

Unfortunately there are no pics of under the seat. I may have to drive out and inspect the cart in person. I don't want to if it is a really old cart though.

93yellowclubcar 04-11-2015 10:02 AM

I believe Columbia is their own brand IIRC. Melex and Western were close to EZGO. Columbia bought out Harley and made their own stuff though.

That said, it's likely a series cart and probably a slightly older one. Wouldn't be surprised it if was late 90s to early 2000s.

sportcoupe 04-11-2015 10:38 AM

Could it still be series cart with fwd-rev switch on the key like a RXV?

Sometimes I see ParCar referred to as Columbia also.

93yellowclubcar 04-11-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportcoupe (Post 1140923)
Could it still be series cart with fwd-rev switch on the key like a RXV?

Sometimes I see ParCar referred to as Columbia also.

Yes, it could be series with the FNR on the key. Harley and Pargo and some others did that on a lot of the vintage resistor carts. I always found it odd it took the big companies like EZGO so long to do it.

flkeysdude359 04-11-2015 11:53 AM

Nice looking cart...appears to have been well kept... :lol:

sportcoupe 04-11-2015 12:32 PM

Being rare means parts are not available I think. Not so concerned with controller and wiring as I would be with body stuff like headlight assembly's and such.

sportcoupe 04-11-2015 02:07 PM

I sent an expert the same pictures and he replied "it's just a Columbia p4 with a body kit".