Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   headlight bulb (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=13424)

Yukon 03-02-2009 09:00 PM

headlight bulb

Guys,
I'm posting this here only because it is on my electric CC. I have a headlight bulb out and I am trying to figure out if they are sold locally or if my only choice is to buy it over the internet from China. The manufacturer is Au-Lite and the lamp is a 12v 55w H3. Does anybody know where I can get this in the states or better yet, in Michigan? TIA

oxfordlawn 03-02-2009 09:14 PM

Re: headlight bulb

A H3 55watt Halogen bulb is a standard automotive fog lamp style bulb... It usually has a white pigtail wire attatched with a blade type terminal end on it. Just go into any automotive supply store and say you need a "H3 foglamp bulb" and they willl know exactly what you want. Usually the bulb clips in from the rear of the housing or the lens is removed by a couple screws somewhere:thumbup:

Yukon 03-02-2009 09:25 PM

You have described exactly what I have. I'll stop buy the parts store and see if they have. Thanks a lot!:thumbup:

essness 03-02-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordlawn (Post 153918)
A H3 55watt Halogen bulb is a standard automotive fog lamp style bulb... It usually has a white pigtail wire attatched with a blade type terminal end on it. Just go into any automotive supply store and say you need a "H3 foglamp bulb" and they willl know exactly what you want. Usually the bulb clips in from the rear of the housing or the lens is removed by a couple screws somewhere:thumbup:

Can you be more specific?:-P:-P:lhmo:
Thanks Oxford

mikesmotortoys 03-02-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordlawn (Post 153918)

Only thing you missed was the picture:thumbup: Looks like we have our on site bulb expert:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yukon 03-03-2009 07:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what the lamp looks like.

gornoman 03-03-2009 07:35 AM

Who said this forum was useless? Bring them to ME, and I will have them ALTERED!

oxfordlawn 03-03-2009 07:50 AM

Just have way too many years of automotive experience, glad to be able to return the favor of some answers. Just recently hung up my wrenches after almost 25 years.8)

madd matt 03-03-2009 10:19 AM

You should put some HID's in there...that would be something...:idea1:

LIVIN 03-03-2009 10:34 AM

Does anyone know if they make LED's for the headlights yet?