Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why is there no compression unless (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=16365)

beanomite 05-05-2009 10:51 PM

Why is there no compression unless

Why is there no compression with the valves set? I have 165LBS if I loosen the exhaust rocker arm completely and none if I loosen the intake and exhaust. I think I bought a lemon.

pizzamaker 05-05-2009 11:10 PM

Re: Why is there no compression unless

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanomite (Post 193120)
Why is there no compression with the valves set? I have 165LBS if I loosen the exhaust rocker arm completely and none if I loosen the intake and exhaust. I think I bought a lemon.

so is turning the right way now?

tonyton 05-05-2009 11:13 PM

that sounds strange....... Need more info....year of cart, type motor, how much gap in valves etc......

beanomite 05-05-2009 11:39 PM

It an ezgo 350 out of a 2001 workhorse.

ruredy 05-05-2009 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzamaker (Post 193124)
so is turning the right way now?

:iagree: :thumbup:
before he said it was turning clockwise. if it is, that's wrong.
not much need going any farther till this problem is resolved

dirtysouth 05-05-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanomite (Post 193120)

If you loosen both valves all the way,,, you won't have compression... It has to draw air to get compression.:thumbup:

pizzamaker 05-05-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysouth (Post 193150)
If you loosen both valves all the way,,, you won't have compression... It has to draw air to get compression.:thumbup:

:thumbup:

crash12888 05-07-2009 12:34 PM

Motor spinning backwards?
Set the valve air gap first.
Follow the valves for proper rotation.
Piston rotates down as intake opens then closes, piston rotates up to compression, ignition and down on power stroke, piston rotates back up as exhaust opens and closes, starts over.

beanomite 05-08-2009 08:46 AM

I took the engine out yesterday and checked the timing marks on the cam, crank and balancer shaft. They are correct. I tried to readjust the valves with no improvement. If the rocker arm even touches the intake valve- compression comes out. There is about 165lbs if I dont set the intake vave. With the intake valve set I have none. Let me know if you have anything else to check. The clutch turns counter clockwise. is there any chance it could go the other way? Help!

ruredy 05-08-2009 09:39 AM

The only thing I can think of is that the gear on the crank or balancer has slipped or spun some, it's a press fit gear and it does happen from time to time. This will make the valve timing off