Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jerky cart after rod adjustment (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4729)

tom parker 05-01-2008 07:43 PM

Jerky cart after rod adjustment

2003 club gas. did the throttel rod adjustment and it is very jerky at slow speeds. can't run slow,it just sppeds up even barely mashing pedal. Did i loosen the rod to much??

scottyb 05-01-2008 10:56 PM

Re: Jerky cart after rod adjustment

You know which way you went with it but, too me , it sounds like u may have tightened it too much. Also a few places to do this so where did u do it on the rod or on the cable? Just start undoing what u did...alittle at a time and see? 8)

tom parker 05-02-2008 06:13 AM

Yea, i adjuasted it at the rod and the cable...It just seems that when i try to back it off you have to push the pedal way down for it to start and i don't notice any difference in the jerkyness. Mayby i hav'nt tightened it back enough yet. Also I think i did loosen the nuts on the rod,which made the rod longer...I think? Any help is appreciated.

scottyb 05-02-2008 08:21 AM

Did u open the accel box to see what effect u were having on the mechanism? There is a cable adjustment at the exit side as well....8)

scottyb 05-02-2008 08:28 AM

Tell u the truth I tried to follow No No's adjustment suggestions and found that I had an all or nothing at all cart as well. So Use your own judgement and powers of observation....When u mash the pedal is there any unused throttle left at the carb? Hold the peddle down and check the throttle at the carb...( I had shortened the cable too much originally)

FRATT70 05-02-2008 12:52 PM

I had this problem with my gas ezgo and found that the screw to the idle plate had worked its way down, once I backed it out it worked fine.

Quote:

Your idle speed screw has the jam nut under the head of the adjusting screw.... which will cause the screw to turn in. You should back the idle speed screw all the way off of the throttle plate arm. Then tighten it until it just "kisses" the top of the plate, and turn it in 1/3 of a turn from there.
This was the information that I got from Bob-O. This might be different for your club car though. I would send you the link for my thread (it has pictures) but I have no clue how to do it. You might be able to look it up. Hope this helps.

tom parker 05-02-2008 01:16 PM

thanks, I'll check that when i get home today.

4x4 CC 05-04-2008 01:15 PM

Make sure all of your cables are funtctioning well. If nothing else try cleaning your carb. Make sure the carb butterfly is in there, we've had a few instances where it went MIA.

tom parker 05-04-2008 04:26 PM

I was able to get it fixed inside the box where the gas pedal cable is...I guess i had it to tight ther ,because after adjusting it there i am able to creeep around slow again,which is very nice. Thanks veery much for replies!

scottyb 05-04-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom parker (Post 66536)
I was able to get it fixed inside the box where the gas pedal cable is...I guess i had it to tight ther ,because after adjusting it there i am able to creeep around slow again,which is very nice. Thanks veery much for replies!

Glad U got her fixed. I thought U may have had your 'righty tighty / lefty loosey' mixed up..LOL:thumbup: