Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'm Baaaack ... Did Ya Miss Me? 2006 MPT Questions (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=93937)

BrewCityMusic 05-15-2014 08:06 PM

I'm Baaaack ... Did Ya Miss Me? 2006 MPT Questions

Hey All - Been away awhile, but it looks like I'm back in the mix with a new cart to play with ... Picked up a 2006 MPT this morning, overall condition is actually excellent mechanically with just a few minor cosmetic issues (seat rip and general dings and scrapes - nothing that the standard restoration process won't easily remedy) - looks like the perfect replacement to my old 2001 Commander 2200 that I still to this day wish I had never sold :thumbup:

Here's the rub - I've literally been out of the loop for over a year, and I have NO idea who's doing what, where to go for "X", etc anymore ... The main issues are pretty simple so hopefully someone can lend a pointer or two: I need to have an MCI 350 rebuilt (OR find another at the right price) - I also have a deadline, as we're planning a trip the first week in June which gives me precious little time to get this thing together (two of the carts are going with, and I'd really like one of them to be this one). I'd prefer to just send someone money and get a new motor to swap, pay the core charge for now, etc so I can pull the old one and do the rest of the resto while I wait the few days for the new motor to arrive (Yep - THAT kind of hurry) ... I have the jet(s) and the header already to spice it up a bit so if I could find a strong used one that would be cool too (obviously wouldn't do that to a brand-new motor) - You guys get the drift. Ideas?

The other issues are fairly simple, I can't find the link to the clutch conversion from 36 to 28 degree (I'm sure I could figure it out but again, I went through a heinous split w the ex and literally have done NOTHING "Cart" for over a year except get hammered and beat them up on the trails) so a pointer or two would be cool, also there were a set of parameters floating around for a conversion actuator for the dump bed (maybe Scott, I forget who posted it) - that's about all I could use at the moment ... Help ?!?!?!

OH - and good to be back, BTW - needless to say, I haven't been away from Forums in general, but after the crap the ex pulled and whatnot it's been a lot more firearms-related, LOL :roll:

93yellowclubcar 05-15-2014 08:13 PM

Re: I'm Baaaack ... Did Ya Miss Me? 2006 MPT Questions

Welcome back! I've dug around in the gas section a lot cause I'm new to the whole EZGO show, and I found your threads on the 2pg to be a huge help. Your thread on the 88 carb and muffler differences paired with my recent work on a friend's 88 has me hunting for a 2pg of my own to build and drop into a rolling chassis that I've got. Good to see you back on the forum! :thumbup:

kgsc 05-15-2014 08:16 PM

Welcome back to the madness. I understand the past year, got the tee shirt..

As for cart motors, check out a new sponsor. http://www.vegascarts.com

BrewCityMusic 05-15-2014 08:49 PM

Man, if I could just call a "Do-Over" on the last 2 years I wouldn't look back a bit ... 2 Major Family deaths (Mom and Brother) and the stark realization that I wasted well over a decade with my eyes "half-optimistic" ... Meh, it is what it is. I guess it's true what they say, "Growing Pains" never go away. The good news is the Growth. Which reminds me of the Ex, I'm guessing she has at least *one* of them by now, LOL. But I digress ...

Dang, 24hp looks good, but I seriously (as always, if You remember) have a specific budget to adhere to with this cart. The cart itself notwithstanding, I have a total of $1050 for the rebuilt motor and the clutch parts, regardless of how it happens. I already set up the wrap at $130 (material inclusive) but *might* stretch that into paint at $350. Seats locally are an easy deal at $90 (redo) - but I'm leaning towards not trusting that bunch to get it done fast AND right. So that budget *unfortunately* went to $170. Still have a favor or two to pull in on the lift, rims, and tires (was quoted $650 shipped for the Jakes 6 and 23's on the bellybutton Tempests that I may take, at least they're 14's) - I didn't see any full kits on Vegas' site, do they do them? I'm likely going to call in the AM - I could stretch to say $1900ish if I had to, hmmm ....

pachanga90 05-15-2014 09:25 PM

Welcome Back!!! The Vegas motors are an awesome deal(20+hp,440cc,around $400 with a clutch-adapter),I've got some tire/wheel packages availiable now(see Thread: Tire/ Wheel packages).:thumbup:

mcdave71 05-15-2014 10:33 PM

I would go the Vegas motor for quick work and in the long run would be well worth it. But the timeline might put a hamper on that.

Dave Box 05-16-2014 05:01 AM

Hey BCM, I have nothing for you other than a hearty welcome back man.

Dave

BrewCityMusic 05-16-2014 08:15 AM

!HOLA! Mi Amigo ... Found a place last night that will do an exchange / core charge deal, I ordered a 14.4hp High-Perf 375cc that ships today, after all is said and done I ended up with $782 (landed and core shipping prepaid) into it and I get a years warranty to boot - for now, that'll do, once it breaks in, etc then I can look at jetting / piping, etc WOO HOO !!!

Oops - forgot the first rule of the Forums, "Without Pictures, it didn't Happen"

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/u...515_165246.jpg

ScooterMcTavish 05-17-2014 07:17 AM

Nice to see you BCM!

I'm useless in helping you, except for telling you to drop in a 3PG.

BrewCityMusic 05-17-2014 08:36 AM

I *wish* it was a 3PG, I could have rebuilt it and whatnot myself, LOL ... I'm torn as to what to do about paint, I have a local shop that will do the cowl and body panels for $350 *or* if I do the sanding, filling and prep they'll charge me $250, almost seems like for the $100 I should just let them do it, I just hate spending money to have someone else do what I can myself ...

Gonna try and get the body apart this morning, the engine is scheduled for delivery Monday so that leaves me precious little time to get everything steam-cleaned and gone through - the engine on this one had to have been going for awhile, there is a nice protective layer of oil and gunk on everything that's not cooperating so well removal-wise. On the upside though, there is basically ZERO rust or corrosion anywhere, likely due to just that fact (the cart has been sitting in the maintainance shop at a local course for almost 4 years, the tag on the steering wheel was dated 7/10, kinda funny too as on one side it said "do not use - engine" and on the other side simply "No Bueno") - I'm anxious to get it together and see how everything works out as they have another identical '07 sitting there too that I can get for the same price (I took this one as it has the tailgate - the other is missing it - and the other one has a huge monstrosity of a mesh cab on it as well as the tag read "Bad Crank" so I was leery that the core would be damaged) ...

Funny how quickly we slide back into addiction, isn't it ?!? OH - I found the 28deg Helix and Ramp Buttons this AM at CPP WOO HOO - Now to shop for a set of 8:1 gears ....