Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   All sports LT and three bolt steering question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=107795)

huntermund 07-01-2015 07:43 PM

All sports LT and three bolt steering question

Ok so I have installed an all sports long travel on my mid 90s ez go medalist. Everything went smooth until I go to the steering install. I was told by all sports I have to go from my 3 bolt steering to the 4 bolt steering and the plate they sent me will mount right up with my old steering pinion I just have to cut a hole in my floor. Anyone ever done this and can send me pictures and instructions? The lift is sold as a now cut/ drill install. Really thinking I should've bought the jakes lt! Thanks in advance

huntermund 07-08-2015 11:47 AM

Re: All sports LT and three bolt steering question

Well this issue is still ongoing. I placed two more calls with allsports trying to resolve this. I was told twice the tech would call me and got no response. I just called a third time and now they say the tech doesn't know what to do and the woman judy just cuts me off and talks to me like im an idiot?! There was no instructions for this part of the install but I am suppose to know how to install this when I had a 3 bolt steering and they sent me a 4 bolt steering setup that I have to modify?! it to install it in the cart. This is a 1k dollar lift that looks like now i will be fabricating my own steering column. I will definitely buy the jakes for the next one. Lesson learned.

kgsc 07-08-2015 01:46 PM

From the pics on their site it looks like the kit includes a new steering rack and it claims it comes with a new column. So maybe you remove the old steering box and column then mount the new column with the plate on the underside as a backing plate ??

huntermund 07-08-2015 03:39 PM

Well the mounting plate that I was told lines right up does not... I was told though that I would still have to cut a hole out in the floor as well to attach the new column to the plate they sent me. This kit is a no cut/drill install which is far from true. Im waiting to hear back from the company again to see if they will make this right (they were suppose to call me back today but I am not surprised I have yet to hear back after the run around I have been getting).. I'm not a fabricator but I know how to turn wrenches. I do not have a welder or plasma cutter. Im hoping someone who has done this install will see this. Thanks for chiming in.

jrdnduvall 08-30-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntermund (Post 1175498)
Well the mounting plate that I was told lines right up does not... I was told though that I would still have to cut a hole out in the floor as well to attach the new column to the plate they sent me. This kit is a no cut/drill install which is far from true. Im waiting to hear back from the company again to see if they will make this right (they were suppose to call me back today but I am not surprised I have yet to hear back after the run around I have been getting).. I'm not a fabricator but I know how to turn wrenches. I do not have a welder or plasma cutter. Im hoping someone who has done this install will see this. Thanks for chiming in.

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm looking to install the same kit on my 1997 TXT with 3 bolt steering.

huntermund 09-17-2015 02:35 AM

I would buy the Jakes. I have completed this and could post pictures but it was not fun. I had to cut a brace out and the old steering plate mount out in the floor. Save yourself the head ache.