Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My new project (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=14622)

coondog 03-31-2009 03:41 PM

My new project

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my 1986 EZGO Gas Marathon that I am currently rebuilding. The following is a list of things I have completed so far after reading on the site. I ran a compression test and I am reading 120 PSI on the motor. I resolved the backfire issue by adjusting throttle linkage. I am still needing a new belt but have not able to find an aftermarket belt number. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do please feel free to chime in......

coondog 03-31-2009 05:03 PM

Re: My new project

3 Attachment(s)
I have started the rebuild process and here is a summary of what has been completed so far. I pressure washed the complete cart and then I removed the top. I have started repairing all the dents and I ended up replacing the rear fender due to a rust through. I sprayed all the metal that is bare metal with a rust converter paint. If the weather goes well I will be painting it this weekend. I am hung up on how to do the back so I can put a bed on it and yet put the top back on.

Goat53 03-31-2009 05:14 PM

good project hava an 89 in the works now , the best way to do the belt is to call CPP and give them the model / serial #'s and they will get the right belt on the way .

croz 03-31-2009 07:30 PM

coondog. lookin good nice to see your making progress:thumbup:

ruredy 03-31-2009 08:50 PM

The belt for that cart is OEM # 14153-G1, it's approximately 45". This size is in the realm of the belts used on the vtwin carts. I know i've seen gates numbers posted for belts from around 44+" to 46" range. I just don't remember where. Maybe search in the big block section for belts use on those, or a trip to the parts store might help. Any of the site sponsors should be able to get you a stock belt.

bhfear 04-01-2009 10:38 PM

looks like you have a little work ahead of you there, have fun

coondog 04-08-2009 06:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Update....The bodywork as been finished and hopefully if the weather cooperates, it will be painted tomorrow and finished up this weekend. I treated the underbody with rust coating and rubberized it and I sprayed bedliner in the floorboard. I designed and built a removable back bed that can be taken on & off the cart easily. I am going to built a seat for it so that way I can swap out panels and have a backseat when needed. I have tuned up the engine and replaced the drive belt.

coondog 04-17-2009 11:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well it is finally finished ........

buscopat 04-17-2009 11:18 AM

Good job.
Nice looking ride.:thumbup:

coondog 04-20-2009 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is offically complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!