Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   G29 Air Filter Box access. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=150250)

Bob's Cay 02-18-2019 01:19 PM

G29 Air Filter Box access.

I have a 2012 G29 that keeps having issues with the vacumm line from crankcase to fuel pump getting plugged. Seems like it happens once a year. Mechanic has fixed for me and says problem is from condensation.

Looks like it would be an easy "self fix" for me if I could easily remove the air filter box for access. But the design of the box seems to require getting under cart and reaching to get to the bolts. Makes it more difficult for an old guy with bad hips and kness to get to.

Does anyone make an aftermarket filter box that would correct this problem? Has anyone developed a modification to existing box?

smallblock450sl 02-18-2019 08:19 PM

Re: G29 Air Filter Box access.

More likely, the Ethanol gas is causing the problem. I've had some courses that used compressed air to blow all the "junk" from the fuel pump pulsar line back into the crankcase (take the oil filler plug out and put a rag over it!) then drain the oil and add 1 qt of synthetic oil. If the oil is "milky" , your not running it long enough to get to operating temp. Good luck

Bob's Cay 02-22-2019 10:07 AM

Thanks Smallblock. I have always used Rec-90 for fuel with some Yamaha Ring Free just like my marine engines.

One thing that I wonder if could be an issue is the cart is used for primarily short runs. Never more than a few minutes at a time for 100 yard distance. Could it be engine rarely gets warmed up or reaches an operating temp.

CP241 02-22-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob's Cay (Post 1589691)

One thing that I wonder if could be an issue is the cart is used for primarily short runs. Never more than a few minutes at a time for 100 yard distance. Could it be engine rarely gets warmed up or reaches an operating temp.

That's exactly what will cause it. Run it, get it nice and hot so the moisture gets trapped in the oil, and then change the oil. (Obviously, don't burn yourself changing the oil, but you know what I mean anyway)

I would recommend at least once a week, take it for a few mile drive and run it pretty good. It needs to get nice and hot and the moisture will take care of itself :wink: The engine NEEDS to get nice and hot to keep everything moving. With as much of a "gas guy" as I am, with your usage, it may also be worth considering trading it in for an electric cart. That may suit your use case a little better if that's all you run it for. Just something to consider.

Bob's Cay 02-25-2019 11:36 AM

Thanks CP241. Ran it longer last weekend. Hope it makes a difference!