Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Design Center (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   home made posi (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=12216)

DOOmsman 01-27-2009 06:40 PM

home made posi

Maybe BOO can help on this one. My itty bitty brain was unoccupied and seeing threads about posys and welding the spyders I remembered a guy I worked with had a sand buggy and it had a pair of little flipper levers that would operate each rear brake independently and was thinking it would work on our carts.

IDEAS??? Gorno where did you leave the spillchick?

ruredy 01-27-2009 10:54 PM

Re: home made posi

2 Attachment(s)
I've always called those tractor brakes, some call them steering brakes
Don't have a pic of the one I had on my rail but it was like a shifter lever and you push it foward to brake the right rear and pull it back to brake the left rear. The ones in the pics are the 2 lever type

pizzamaker 01-28-2009 12:41 AM

my old sc case had two brake petals and that old girl would turn on a dime, or one wheel would spin! mash the brake on the spinning wheel and away you go

shawn.m 01-28-2009 01:59 AM

Really wouldnt take much fab as you already have two cables coming forward.

azboo 01-28-2009 06:20 AM

Like ruredy said.. ours is a shifter for the turning brakes. but only one lever and I think it's only rear brakes. Beyond that I'd have to ask Tom what it works or how. Again, mechanical=I have no idea. :roll:

scottyb 01-28-2009 07:05 AM

I got a hold of one of those old push/pull hydraulic valves for my very first sand bug. That thing was a hoot. That car never went straight anywhere again...Imagine the fun you could have in the mud with that?:-P

gornoman 01-28-2009 07:37 AM

Mud? You drive your cart in mud? That's just CRAZY man!

azboo 01-28-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gornoman (Post 136666)
Mud? You drive your cart in mud? That's just CRAZY man!

Gassers don't have to fear the damp. :twisted:

pggroves 01-28-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azboo (Post 136679)
Gassers don't have to fear the damp. :twisted:

Great boo, do you really want to start this? I thought we had a thread dedicated to this timeless debate? :evil: :twisted: :-P

azboo 01-28-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pggroves (Post 136787)
Great boo, do you really want to start this? I thought we had a thread dedicated to this timeless debate? :evil: :twisted: :-P

Just sayin'... sorry... I've had a bad week.. :cry::oops: