Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Home Made Glove Box Doors - Pattern (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=22650)

wish2fish 09-02-2009 12:56 PM

Home Made Glove Box Doors - Pattern

Has anyone created their own glove box doors for their EZGO TXT cart? BU has a set but they want $90 for them. Seems to me you could make your own for under $20. I'm thinking of using some ABS plastic.

Does anyone have a pattern so I don't have to reinvent the wheel?

BU link to item
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/imag...s/P0000712.jpg

SpoiledRotten 09-02-2009 01:21 PM

Re: Home Made Glove Box Doors - Pattern

I would probably get a thin piece of plexiglas, just barely larger than the area you want to work with, hold it up to the glove box, draw a line around the outside, cut it out and you have a pattern. You could even paint the back of it some color and mount it. You could even use the stick on graphic/decor of your liking. That would be the Deep South Redneck Technique. Just an idea though.

Huntr 09-04-2009 09:41 PM

Regardless of the material the door is made out of, take a piece of cardboard (think pizza box) and use that to make a template. Once you have the cardboard door the way you want it, transfer the shape to the door material. The cardboard is easier to tweak the design than the final material will be.
If the door does not have to lock, you could use a magnet to keep the door closed. Screw a small metal angle bracket to the top of the glovebox area and then inset the magnet to the door.
Steve

jdinville3 09-04-2009 09:45 PM

Yeah i would for sure start with cardboard... plexiglass would get pricey if you messed up and after you find a pattern PM it to me :lol:

Quadmaster 09-05-2009 01:27 AM

you guys aren't seriously so lazy that you cant make your own pattern. PAAAAALEASE :shock::shock::roll::roll:

tonyton 09-05-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadmaster (Post 276666)
you guys aren't seriously so lazy that you cant make your own pattern. PAAAAALEASE :shock::shock::roll::roll:

:lhmo::lhmo:I made one for my stereo. Hold some cardboard up and cut it out with a box cutter. Slice it till it fits. A lot faster than the post man:thumbup:
Don't cut your cart! (or finger):?

cuzky 09-06-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyton (Post 276805)
:lhmo::lhmo:I made one for my stereo. Hold some cardboard up and cut it out with a box cutter. Slice it till it fits. A lot faster than the post man:thumbup:
Don't cut your cart! (or finger):?

TONYTON some won't like telling how to built a dash door eather and want a disclamer :thumbdown:

jdinville3 09-07-2009 08:04 PM

:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo: Lazy Ummm nope pretty sure i built most all of my build but ummm i need more time.... So call me lazy if you want :lhmo: but really good point not like a template will work thru here...:mrgreen: Sooo dang it i gotta do it myself:-P

tonyton 09-07-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuzky (Post 277139)
TONYTON some won't like telling how to built a dash door eather and want a disclamer :thumbdown:

I was trying to be helpful. It is pretty easy and I don't want anyone to cut their finger. Do you have a pattern?? NO?? What was the purpose of that post then??

tonyton 09-07-2009 09:07 PM

If anybody wants a pattern, I will cut you one and mail it tomorow. I will need to know if you want it flush or sunk in. The ridge on the bottom is about 1" inset. Send me a pm with your address and how you want it cut. It's free.
BTW, I didn't call anyone lazy. The term "you guys" is a general term, not directed at a specific person. I didn't write that, I thought it was funny that QM was that...bold?
Anyway, PM me if you want one. Tony