Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yamaha 2stroke wont run in Forward (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=180290)

Bbr 10-21-2021 12:33 PM

Yamaha 2stroke wont run in Forward

Hi everyone i have this 2 stroke cart that wont run in forward. What ive done tried so faris ne key switch, new cdi thingy, installed new white/ red wire and yellow, i also installed a relay under the foot pedal...it was in the wiring diagram i have but not on cart, swapped solenoids around. None of this has changed the no run issue in forward. I tried also just swapping the yellow and blue on noids and cart coughs and acts like its going to fire, the motor is spinning forward and reverse buzzer is going. That is the most ive got it to do in forward. In reverse it starts right up and sounds great. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

tennbamaman 10-21-2021 03:11 PM

Re: Yamaha 2stroke wont run in Forward

Look toward the end of my post "New G1 ignition coil ground question". Its very recent as well, but i had the same exact thing with a new key switch ignition. Put my old switch back in and it fired right up in forward instantly. IU sent that new key switch back and received my new switch and the new switch continues to work flawllessly. It appears i had a bad switch but i see where you said you swapped that.
AgeL55 and some of these other guys are electrical masters lol. They will help you

tennbamaman 10-21-2021 03:13 PM

It sounds like you bought the key switch that i returned, lol

Bbr 10-22-2021 08:27 AM

🤣 Think i should re sale it

Bbr 10-22-2021 08:29 AM

I have some power wheels wonder if the forward reverse switch will work

AGELE55 10-22-2021 12:52 PM

What year is your cart? Should be able to figure it out if we know which wiring schematic to look at.

Bbr 10-23-2021 10:36 PM

Not sure its a Yamaha and has a odd body

slonomo 10-24-2021 07:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Does it look like either one of these?

AGELE55 10-24-2021 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bbr (Post 1858925)
Not sure its a Yamaha and has a odd body

The odd body is probably sitting on a standard frame. Look on the drivers side, rear frame, for the serial number.

Bbr 10-24-2021 08:10 PM

One on the right or second pic, looks similar. The whole seat and roof flip back. I'll look there for # tomorrow 👍