Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sluggish and chattering cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=9071)

CajunCandy 10-08-2008 02:29 PM

Sluggish and chattering cart

i recently bought my pre-owned own golf cart and found out it could only do about nine holes before it started chattering. I had the batteries checked and all but one were really weak. I kept the one battery and have started replacing the rest. I now have four brand new batteries, one quite good one, and one that is still pretty bad. My GC has gotten slower, more sluggish and now won't get thru six holes without chattering and getting weak. Seems like i am going backward here. My question is -- Can one bad battery make such a difference? How do i know there is not some sort of drain on the batteries and/or a short in the system? i don't want to say newbie but i am pretty clueless about these things. Thanks Eryka:roll:

shadowman 10-08-2008 03:00 PM

Re: Sluggish and chattering cart

yes one bad battery can bring the cart to a complete stop.................................8)

CajunCandy 10-08-2008 03:12 PM

Thank you, I appreciate the quick answer. Love this forum................ Time to go Shopping..........:thumbup:

Andy4639 10-08-2008 04:45 PM

If you keep running those new batteries with the old ones they want be new long. They will boil out and be as bad as the worst bad is. The charger is going to try and equal the charge in all six batteries so the bad one want ever get to a full charge while the newer batteries are over charging and boiling the acid out of them.

gornoman 10-08-2008 05:48 PM

Keep buying new ones!

rusty 10-09-2008 10:45 AM

Welcome to the forum CajunCandy..................

CajunCandy 10-09-2008 11:18 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome...........I am sure i will need more advice as i become more involved with my cart:help:. The bloggers here really seem to understand golf carts. And, from some of the pictures here. Y'all appear to be dedicated hobbyists. I am just a girl who loves golf and i live on a golf course so the natural progression was to get my own cart. I have bought a windshield and a cover for winter but the mechanics are still a mystery to me.

Thanks again,

CajunCandy

gornoman 10-09-2008 11:29 AM

Ah, a Texas girl with her own golf cart.

Gonna need some pix here.:thumbup:

CajunCandy 10-09-2008 01:31 PM

i guess i should be shooting varmits from the hip. But i prefer shooting golfs instead

gornoman 10-09-2008 01:35 PM

Gotcha. No disrespect intended. I never want to be a varmit, eh?