Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Intermittent Power Loss (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=87730)

Old Knight 11-12-2013 08:53 AM

Intermittent Power Loss

I have a 95DS Club Car that loses power intermittently. It takes up to 5-6 minutes for it to start up again,then it drives normally. In the last 16 months it has had a new motor,controller,V drive, F&R switch, ignition switch, all micro switches,batteries & cables,solenoid & wiring replaced. After the last trip to the local Cart shop it worked fine for 6 months then the intermittent problem started again. I don't want to take it back to them for more guesswork. Any ideas?

jakesnake27 11-12-2013 10:16 AM

Re: Intermittent Power Loss

Welcome to BGW! Is this a 48 or 36 volt cart?

Old Knight 11-12-2013 01:06 PM

36 Volt

Golfdog 11-12-2013 02:45 PM

Are you sure its a 36v because you say it has a new controller and 36v carts don't have controllers ?

Sergio 11-12-2013 03:00 PM

The first wiring diagram on the stickies is for a 36v solid state controller...
I looked at that diagram for a few minutes and you pretty much replaced every part on the electrical system....
I would say it sounds like overheating, most likely the controller, but can you give us more clues. When you experience the problem, You just wait 5-6 minutes or do you press the pedal, move the F&R, move the key, etc...
If it happens often enough, that is good for troubleshooting. Have You tested anything while the problem was occurring?

93yellowclubcar 11-12-2013 04:12 PM

Most of my work with carts has been on these early 36 volt controller carts, and I have to agree it sounds like a controller getting hot.

Could also be a solenoid faililing or "dropping out.". During the times when it won't move, do you hear the solenoid click?

jakesnake27 11-12-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfdog (Post 954413)
Are you sure its a 36v because you say it has a new controller and 36v carts don't have controllers ?

CC did make a few 36v controller carts...:thumbup:

Old Knight 11-12-2013 07:09 PM

Replying to all-----------Yes,it is a 36 Volt Cart.Overheated controller sounds good but problem occurs when cart has sat overnight or has just been run.
Holding pedal down,or not, key on & off, F&R switch back & forth, nothing seems to make a difference. Solenoid clicks & V Drive wiper arm movement is heard.
My wife has named this cart "Christine" and I have to agree it fits.

Thanks to all