Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Looking for a yamaha Z2 tester manual (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164840)

tmaxx2007 06-04-2020 03:12 PM

Looking for a yamaha Z2 tester manual

Hi, I got my hands on a Z2 tester but no manual for it! Does anyone have a copy they could post or send me? Thanks

cgtech 06-05-2020 02:40 AM

Re: Looking for a yamaha Z2 tester manual

Wow, you just got a "gold mine", the answers you seek are in the G22 & YDRE service manuals (also works on G19e). There isnt a specific book about Z-1 & Z-2 testers, it's all in the service manuals of the vehicles that it works with (in the last chapters). If you dont know already, you just pulled the gold nugget out of the Yamaha river. No one has those, but dealers. Way, way better than any electronic fancy tool that always says "code 99". If you have the connectors for G22 & YDRE, your set. (Dont let any rookie fools touch it & protect it, it's very rarely seen). Hours of diagnostic work just turned into minutes! You may not know how lucky you are! And yes, I'm yamaha certified. That's the best tool ever, it's a shame more companys dont offer a tool like that. Whichever japanese yamaha fella' invented that is owed my respect. I still have some books from that era, and I feel like looking it up is a good idea (but I do have to get some work done) . I guess there is actually some literature on it, (not a "book" persay) ,but everything you need is in the service manuals of the carts it works on.

I have had "really bad carts" damage the tool, but fixing it was as simple as replacing the "fried button switch". No problem.

I cant send the manuals, if I did, my dealer number would be exposed by watermarks all over every page, and we would be in serious trouble with yamaha.

But, if you only have one connector for it, (it uses one connector for G-19, G-22, G-23, the other connector for G-29 YDRE sepex carts), I could probably help you get the other one for it to maximize its usefulness. (Sorry, it wont work for ones new enough for AC drives). Its the best "we will know in 5 minutes what's wrong, or where to look" tool ever.

In the 12 years in been in the yamaha game, I think this might be the first time i ever heard "I got a Z-2 tester". Yeah, its that rare in circulation.

tmaxx2007 06-05-2020 05:12 AM

Wow, guess I should play the lottery! Didn't think it was that hard to get. I hooked it up to a cart all lights come on but the cart still shuts down. Would that point to a controller problem? Thanks

cgtech 06-05-2020 12:30 PM

That would point to "download a golf cart manual to get the instructions on how to use the Z-2 tester".

cgtech 06-05-2020 02:01 PM

I found some documentation on the Z-1 tester (identical functionality to the Z-2, except Z-2 can also do YDRE). Will attempt to post later.

cgtech 06-05-2020 07:04 PM

I been trying, but keep encountering errors. I think I'll have to do them one page at a time. (4 pages total).

cgtech 06-05-2020 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Page 1

cgtech 06-05-2020 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Page 2

cgtech 06-05-2020 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Page 3

cgtech 06-05-2020 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Page 4

Sorry about the poor condition of the docs, they are probably about 24 years old, and I found them living at the bottom of the box where the Z-1 & Z-2 testers are stored.