Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   My 93 Hyundai 36V (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=12931)

mojo154 02-17-2009 03:24 PM

My 93 Hyundai 36V

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All -

New to the forum here, just got done with the Introduction thread. Anyways, here are a few pics of my Hyundai golf cart that the soon to be wife and I inherited. I know what your going to say...Hyundai...boat anchor...and so on. However this cart has some special meaning with her famaily (so there is no trading it) and it was free with the promise that I would take care of it. I have already installed the 6" daylighters on the front and the Led tail lights on the back for safety reasons while she cruises the neighborhood. Now im afraid its time for the projects that I want to do. I am constantly searching the web for pics of lifted hyundai's to get some ideas of where I want to go with this project, however it is incredible hard to find hyundi's that I like. Have you guys seen any? I am very partial to Boris's Mongrel rebuild and am watching him closely (awesome cart Boris!). I'm pretty sure that what he is doing is way out of my league, and I could never find what size lift and type he put on, but that is in fact the genral direction which I want to go. What do yall think? Any comments and help are greatly appreciated and am looking forward to documenting this build with pictures with you guys help.

scottyb 02-17-2009 03:31 PM

Re: My 93 Hyundai 36V

Welcome Mo .....can we call you MO? I had a horse named Mojo once.....
I hear that the Hyundai uses a lot of Yamaha parts..... I don't know if that pertains to suspension also ? You may have to custom make some stuff? Show us some pics of how the front axle is in there and the rear too ....

mojo154 02-17-2009 03:41 PM

I do infact go by Mo, and yes that Is infact my main concern, are we talking just a little bit of fabbing to get the yamaha G2 stuff to work, or is there a lot? I will work on getting some pics of front and back axles, soon.

scottyb 02-17-2009 04:03 PM

They are simple machines by design :thumbup: Post lots of pics of the front , how it connects to the cart....the steering. the rear end and how it connects and we will see who has what to offer :thumbup:

mojo154 02-17-2009 04:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is what I have so far....

scottyb 02-17-2009 04:24 PM

3rd pic is the front A arm? Like a Yami.... and the rear is a trailing frame? Need more pics or the rear end ans suspension?

mojo154 02-17-2009 04:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
ouch, that diff looks rough

mojo154 02-17-2009 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are the last

scottyb 02-17-2009 04:34 PM

The rear will be easy = shock or shock mount extensions. the front we need to wait for GP or Dave or one of the other genius to show up.... :thumbup:
Can you get a couple of under the front where that A arm attaches to the center of the cart and the wheel? 8)

groundpounder 02-17-2009 05:21 PM

welcome to BGW mo . your cart frame looks just like Yamaha G2/G9 frame i really don't know why you couldn't use a Yamaha lift. take the front bumper cover off and take a pic of the front when you get the chance. thanks.. like scotty said the back lift is easy and i know a back lift from a G2/G9 would work but we would need more pics of the front.