Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   EZGO Lithium Batteries (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=187028)

Auki16 09-29-2022 10:52 AM

EZGO Lithium Batteries

is there a way to use the Samsung Lithium battery in a different cart ( older Ezgo, Club Car)? I have found a couple RXV carts that have bent frames and company doesn't want to replace them as I guess the cost is more than they want to pay. Was looking to possible pick up the Lithium Battery but not sure if it is possible to convert..

ojo 10-02-2022 01:55 PM

Re: EZGO Lithium Batteries

I'm not an expert on this, a battery is a battery but, i'd guess the bms is something special due to the unique technical design of the RXV :?

Dgprogolf 10-02-2022 02:29 PM

That is what I'm trying to figure out. Sounds like EZGO has the Samsung battery locked down so it isn't interchange with anything. After the cart is wrecked the battery is now a garage ornaments to collect dust!!!

Pat911 10-02-2022 04:35 PM

The value of such a battery is in the cells. There’s nothing stopping you from reusing the cells with a different bms.

badandyturbo 10-04-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auki16 (Post 1911112)
is there a way to use the Samsung Lithium battery in a different cart ( older Ezgo, Club Car)? I have found a couple RXV carts that have bent frames and company doesn't want to replace them as I guess the cost is more than they want to pay. Was looking to possible pick up the Lithium Battery but not sure if it is possible to convert..

Where are these for mentioned carts located?

Adjake 10-27-2022 10:14 AM

I’m not 100% sure on this but…..
I believe the bms is a part of the rxv controller, at least partially if not entirely. The Samsung battery plugs into the rxv harness on the elites.
That said
You could yank the battery, gut it, and use a standalone bms and then use it for anything you want. See diy solar will prowse for more info.

Pat911 10-27-2022 02:44 PM

That makes a lot of sense because of the EMB that is installed on the RXV and with an integrated BMS/Controller (or at least bi-directional communication between them) it would prevent the EMB lockup that many users of after market drop in solutions are experiencing on a BMS shutdown event.

But, for the BMS to be part of the controller, the connecting plug would need to connect to each individual cell. That means two high current connections for main positive and negative and at least 13, but more likely 15 (14s NMC) small wire connections. Does the battery have this? If not then the BMS is integrated within the battery.

If all cell connections are brought out to plugs, then it's very easy to add your own BMS and do what you like with it.

Cheers
Pat.

basshawk84 10-28-2022 05:03 PM

So transfer the controller, pack and anything else needed into an RXV with a good frame?

Pat911 10-28-2022 08:06 PM

That's one option, or get a standard BMS and put it in any cart you like.

Adjake 10-29-2022 01:22 PM

There is a probably 15-20 pin plug (haven’t counted) and there are parameters on the Curtis handheld for the bms

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat911 (Post 1914836)
That makes a lot of sense because of the EMB that is installed on the RXV and with an integrated BMS/Controller (or at least bi-directional communication between them) it would prevent the EMB lockup that many users of after market drop in solutions are experiencing on a BMS shutdown event.

But, for the BMS to be part of the controller, the connecting plug would need to connect to each individual cell. That means two high current connections for main positive and negative and at least 13, but more likely 15 (14s NMC) small wire connections. Does the battery have this? If not then the BMS is integrated within the battery.

If all cell connections are brought out to plugs, then it's very easy to add your own BMS and do what you like with it.

Cheers
Pat.